Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

So i know there was a post about this awhile ago and I can't seem to find it now...
I just want to know a leather treatment you'd recommend to do my seats in my Koup. I know that thread (I can't find) did say to STAY AWAY from Armoral products, so I was just curious if there is something that I could pick up at Canadian tire or somewhere easy... and doesn't cost an arm and a leg (moneys tight lol :S) I just don't want the sun destroying my leather and the seats are starting to look a lil famished shall we say lol!
I know my mom uses "Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner" would this be alright?

any suggestions...

Anyways if someone could let me know that'd be awesome...

Cheers!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Order some Zaino's...it's not cheap, but it does last a long time!

·
Registered
8 Posts
On the antique BMW forums, the guys normally use Obenauf's or Leatherique on their POS beaters. Think of them as liquid money in a bottle. I just got done reconditioning my 25-year-old seats and they came out great. If you use this stuff starting on new leather, and keep up with it, your seats should stay soft & supple for decades.

On the other hand, cheap AutoZone leather sprays like McGuiars contain silicon and/or wax and just build up on the surface, making the leather shiny and nasty.

In between periodic conditioning with the above mentioned oils, I use clear, cool water and a soft cotton rag for routine cleaning. Any type of soap or detergent will pull the oil out of the leather, and that's bad.

As soon as I can acquire a Koup, I'll start in on that method and re-post.

Good luck!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Pure Mink Oil, NO additives and its natural, wipe it on, let it penetrate for 10 mins, and wipe it off. best way to protect them from drying and cracking IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.