Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for awhile now I wanted a remote start for my SX Koup 6 speed. Problem is you have to bypass the clutch to start the motor. I have read story from other forums and even some of our fellow members here have had instances where the car was left into gear and the car lurched forward or backwards because it was left in gear.

Well I finally gave in and had one installed. To my surprise they were able to alleviate this worry that I had. I purchased the Autopage C3 rs1100 two way remote start and alarm system.

C3-RS1100 OLED - 2-Way Communications - AutoPage

After taking twelve hour to install I was ecstatic to get this thing working and try it out. Well the remote start works like a charm, have the option of remote starting and having it set to start a certain times in the morning. Showing me the current temperature in the car. Its also modular you can add components to control your windows and what not.

The alarm system is great, accidently set it off while working on the car and closed the hood while the car was armed and the shock of the hood closing tripped the sensor. One of the great things is that the remote system will not start if the car is in gear. The alarm system will engage and disengage but the remote start will not until the car is taken out of gear.

There is a lot this system will do and since I have it for only a little while I am still learning the system but to anyone who is tech savvy nothing like playing with the key fob to learn the cool things this thing can do.

If anyone is interested I can create a quick video showing these functions, see the remote start, alarm system and controls the parking lights. Coming soon are the window modules to control the front windows during the summer months when things finally warm up.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
My remote start has to be armed in order to work. EI. Put it in neutral, engage hand brake, release all pedal, remove the key (engine is still running) then go out and close the door (than the engine shout down after 30 sec.)
The only way I see I can have the car in gear while it's arm is to go trough the trunk..... So it's pretty safe if you ask me!
Remote start is a realy nice add on, especialy with the auto climate!

·
Registered
102 Posts
That looks like a pretty nice system i am considering going with that over the viper i think. A customer came in with a lower level version and it was still really nice.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately I don't have auto climate, but when its cold i leave the heater on so it will work. Then again I am sure I can come up with something to fix that also.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was 630 with tax and installation, took about twelve hours to complete since they had to hide all the wires and have everything set up. Really enjoy the alarm system since I work it a high crime area.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well they had to by pass the clutch, hide the wires and integrate everything together. The system retail is $400, online you can find it for $250-300

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.