Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any third party module(s) that allow me to use the existing key fob to remote start? Even the OE solution requires another FOB.

Part# M7F57 AC400 (Push Start)
Part# M7F57 AC500 (Key Start)

which is kinda sucky

·
Registered
26 Posts
A
Are there any third party module(s) that allow me to use the existing key fob to remote start? Even the OE solution requires another FOB.

which is kinda sucky
Get a Viper DS4+ it can be programed to your OEM Key Fob you push
Lock
Unlock
Lock
And your car will start, though range is limited to the range of your fob with is not much, their remote is good for 1/4 mile away , you can even start with the app within 150 feet.
Works great on my 2020 Forte GT2
Hope this helps you.
And Don't go to Best Buy for it they will probably tell you it won't fit it does as of March there book are old

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just tried to "build a viper system" on their website and authorized dealers are 1.5hrs away! lmfao

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's unfortunate , but it may be worth it,
it takes about 4 hours to install. It's the only one I found that would
allow me to use my OEM Fob

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is the DS4+ a security module too? can you add window roll up/down and sunroof and that sort of stuff too?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know you can add the security Module I'm not familiar with those options if they make it, it can all plugs in.
They also have a GPS plug in too this will allow you to start your car from anywhere.
This does require a subscription thru Viper
I don't want that either. I just want the basic remote starter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Also as far as the Security Module, When your locked down the DS4 has a blinking Blue light that is very noticeable.
I think that in it's self is a pretty good deterrent..

·
Registered
3 Posts

which is kinda sucky

I came across this system straight from S Korea, "Mykey Premium Remote Start" made specifically for KIA and Hyundai vehicles. I don't know if anyone has any experience with this system, I want to get it but I haven't found any reviews, seems easy to install plug and play.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Uhmmm that unit looks REALLY good. and they said they have units in their US warehouse that can be delivered in 4-5 days. I just messaged them to make sure that it works with our 2020 Forte GT. Will update

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just a heads up anyone buying the mykey premium. My unit was pre-programmed to auto lock after about 30 seconds. Great feature unless you a, didn't know it was active and b forget your key and leave it in the car whilst fitting a new air filter.

I had to borrow a friend's car for a 150 mile round trip to get my spare fob.

To turn this feature off sit in car with engine off, foot on brake and double click like you would for remote start. You'll see 2 quick hazard flashes and hear 2 beeps. Obviously confirm by taking the fob with you and waiting a few minutes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Another heads up is mykey does not work with keyed ignitions. Must have stop/start button. Viper DS4 works with both.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone have a copy of the instruction manual or the guide to turn off stuff like auto lock etc. I've lost mine and they seem reluctant to send me a PDF via email.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts