Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
Does anyone have a copy of the instruction manual or the guide to turn off stuff like auto lock etc. I've lost mine and they seem reluctant to send me a PDF via email.
You should be able to access the menu throught the steering wheel controls. If you have a KIA Acess log-in, you can get a pdf version of the owner's manual.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Registered
A

Get a Viper DS4+ it can be programed to your OEM Key Fob you push
Lock
Unlock
Lock
And your car will start, though range is limited to the range of your fob with is not much, their remote is good for 1/4 mile away , you can even start with the app within 150 feet.
Works great on my 2020 Forte GT2
Hope this helps you.
And Don't go to Best Buy for it they will probably tell you it won't fit it does as of March there book are old
We're you able to unlock the door with the oem? Just got the ds4 installed on my 2021 and the oem fob goes dead after it starts and I have to open it with the viper fob. Any ideas?

Registered
I have the DS4 installed on my 2020 GT2 and my factory key fob works. Had it programmed to be lock, unlock, lock. Starts, no problems with factory key fob and I can even enter my car, put my foot on the brake, and it goes into standby and reinitializes with the key fob automatically so I don't have to turn off / on the car. Plus the app is killer. Going to pair it with SmartStart add on so I can track it's GPS location. Viper DS4 was best investment ever made for this car, plus no OBD errors.

Registered
2021 Forte GT2 Aurora Black Pearl
Anyone with experience using Compustar remote starter & security systems? I went to a Viper authorized/preferred dealer to get a DS4 with SmartStart, but they recently ended a 25 year relationship with the brand. They suggested I go with the Compustar brand.

Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line
Anyone with experience using Compustar remote starter & security systems? I went to a Viper authorized/preferred dealer to get a DS4 with SmartStart, but they recently ended a 25 year relationship with the brand. They suggested I go with the Compustar brand.
Go with this and it works from your factory remotes.

Registered
I have the DS4 installed on my 2020 GT2 and my factory key fob works. Had it programmed to be lock, unlock, lock. Starts, no problems with factory key fob and I can even enter my car, put my foot on the brake, and it goes into standby and reinitializes with the key fob automatically so I don't have to turn off / on the car. Plus the app is killer. Going to pair it with SmartStart add on so I can track it's GPS location. Viper DS4 was best investment ever made for this car, plus no OBD errors.
Really wanted this exact setup. Sounds like it works perfectly.

I ended up with a Compustar system, including Drone mobile. App works great. I've got GPS and battery status. No OBD errors, but I think I've noticed that my climate control lights may not turn on. I suspect installer screwed something up. Installer didn't inform me of AUX programming options. I need to turn off/on the car when the Kia key fob is recognized. Can't just hold brake and shift into drive- which was what I was hoping would be possible. Might go to a different shop for aux programming and double-checking the wiring.

Registered
Go with this and it works from your factory remotes.
Can you enter the car and shift into drive immediately, or do you need to push start again?

Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line
Can you enter the car and shift into drive immediately, or do you need to push start again?
According to the 2 videos I've seen, yes you can. I'll be installing it on my 21 this coming weekend.

Registered
2020 Forte GT
well I did the install yesterday and it a little harder than I anticipated. That top white connector is a pain to get out and then put the new one in. I believe you need to be a contortionist to do this mod easily. Only questions I have for others who did this already, is where did you end up mounting the MyKey module after you were done. I left mine hanging for now to make sure I don't have any issues for a few days. Also does the red light always stay on and draw from the battery constantly?

Registered
Are there any third party module(s) that allow me to use the existing key fob to remote start? Even the OE solution requires another FOB.

Part# M7F57 AC400 (Push Start)
Part# M7F57 AC500 (Key Start)

which is kinda sucky
The OEM solution does GIVE you another remote, my car came with 2 - You can still use the factory key fob with this though, hit lock then trunk release within 2 seconds and it starts right up. (I figured this out after buying the car)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts