Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering will buying and getting a remote start system from somewhere such as best buy void the Manufacturers warrenty? I know Kia sells a remote start system but its so dam expensive. So what to do ?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Manufacture can only void part or any warranty if they can prove that the aftermarket part caused the issue. If you get a remote system make sure the installer is reputable and check what their warranty is on the install as well as the product itself. Many place will provide a lifetime warranty on the install.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Firefighter4 -

I agree, the KIA Factory Remote Start IS expensive..... but damn it is SO worth it! I bought one last year from Gary Rome KIA Parts (Kia Forte/Forte Koup Remote Start). I think at that time I could get the kit for about $280-ish, no tax, no shipping!

I installed it MYSELF back in July 2010, and it went in very nicely. I did make one mistake in wiring, but I caught it well before there were any other problems. You might not feel up to a self-install, but the installation manual that comes with the kit is EXCELLENT. If you have ever installed a radio in the dash of a car, then you have the skillset needed to do THIS installation. I would only recommend an auto-trim-removal kit from Harbor Freight Tools for about $8 or so(5 Piece Auto Trim and Molding Tool Set). That kit REALLY helped me pull panels and trim without breaking any of the hidden plastic grippers hiding underneath the trim and panels.

Anyway, just my two cents. I highly recommend it to anyone with a sedan or Koup with auto-transmission.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.