Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
what wire can i use as a remote turn-on from behind the original HU, to activate my 8'' active bazooka? i've tried connector A, pin 3(remote ant) but it powers off when i use a source other than radio. please help! :confused:

·
Registered
284 Posts
not 100% on this but if your hooking up a sub and want power to it all you need is to run the cables and have a factory/aftermarket harneess (but if your keeping factory HU it maybe a lil differnt) pretty sure you hook up the outputs to an amp and you also connect signal cable - the signal cable will ensure that power is going to the amp/sub as long as the HU is on.

you may need to splice into one of the HU cables to get the signal since your are keeping factory hu.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thks 4 the reply forte;
i've got the ground,+12v, left/right channels figured out.
i need the remote signal to turn off the amp whenever i turn off the factory HU when driving. was thinking of tapping into the accesory wire at the ignition switch, then using a toggle switch to turn the amp on/off.

wud b gr8ful 4 any suggestions. thks.:)

·
Registered
289 Posts
connector C use pin 1-6. it is IGN power controlled by ignition. use a relay though. I mounted mine in the trunk and grabbed 12V from my distribution block.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thks 4 the reply littlejake;:)

i c wot u mean. but will that not keep the amp always on till the key is turned off at the ignition? do i still need a switch?

·
Registered
289 Posts
thks 4 the reply littlejake;:)

i c wot u mean. but will that not keep the amp always on till the key is turned off at the ignition? do i still need a switch?
It will turn off with the key

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thks littlejake;:)

will go with ur solution. going 4 aftermarket fascia, HU and speakers later. i'm fine with the installation side of things; got any suggestions on brands and/or models?

·
Registered
289 Posts
thks littlejake;:)

will go with ur solution. going 4 aftermarket fascia, HU and speakers later. i'm fine with the installation side of things; got any suggestions on brands and/or models?
I am an MB Quart guy with JL Power. Subs are a no brainer...JL all the way!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
funny enuf, was chekin out the jl XD600/6 amp to run all the speakers. plus i already got a powered 8'' bazooka as sub. wot do u think?:eek:

·
Registered
695 Posts
funny enuf, was chekin out the jl XD600/6 amp to run all the speakers. plus i already got a powered 8'' bazooka as sub. wot do u think?:eek:
I have the JL XD600/6 powering my c2-650 and my JL650 coaxial rear and plugged 2 10 inch JL w1v2's. The whole system sounds great, clean sound with nice bass to add to quality. Such a great amp I am sure you wont have any issues powering your system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
neat setup!:) now i have to do some research about HU! which is better; the double din or single din"slide-out"? ideas anyone ?

·
Registered
695 Posts
I personally would go with a double din, you want the screen size and with a single din you have to worry about the motor going bad or jamming issues. More moving parts and when it comes to the headunit less that moves the better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I personally would go with a double din, you want the screen size and with a single din you have to worry about the motor going bad or jamming issues. More moving parts and when it comes to the headunit less that moves the better.

Makes sense. Now i've some decisions to make.thks:D.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Remote wire connection

connector C use pin 1-6. it is IGN power controlled by ignition. use a relay though. I mounted mine in the trunk and grabbed 12V from my distribution block.

I don't understand what you mean by connector C use pin 1-6. Do you have to open the dash to get at the remote wire connection?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I don't understand what you mean by connector C use pin 1-6. Do you have to open the dash to get at the remote wire connection?

You should be able to get the ACC wire AND the Remote wire from the stock HU harness. Usually the ACC is yellow or orange and the remote from my experience is usually always blue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts