Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions on using CRC Intake Valve cleaner every 10,000 miles to keep carbon off of the valves in these GDI Engines? I am considering adding this to my maintenance.
Tin Automotive tire Tin can Fluid Aluminum can

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I’m trying to avoid sand blasting with walnuts… lol I am going to install an oil catch can and spray the valves clean every 10,000 miles if I can figure out where exactly along the Intake to spray and where exactly the PCV valve and tubes are. This engine is totally foreign to me. Way to many sensors all over it. I am lost!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don’t think the type of Gas matters since it never reaches the backs of the valves. It’s direct injected into each cylinder so the ethanol in the gas wouldn’t matter so much in terms of carbon buildup on the valves. I think that is mostly caused by the emissions crap on the engine recirculating exhaust, blow back oil and some fuel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry to seem like I was ignoring everyone. I’m certainly not. I am looking for opinions and I thank you all for the information. I looked up a Sixth Oil Catch Can and all they have in stock is the drivers side install. I am ordering it but I will install it on the passengers side. It looks like I will have to buy hoses but that’s no big deal. As for the valve cleaner, I will have to see. I have a bore scope so I’ll check them every once in a while to see how they look. I really have no experience with a modern engine like this. I will learn however… thanks everyone!!! I do appreciate your help!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There should be a check valve from the catch can to the intake on the PCV hose so hydro lock wouldn’t likely happen but yes, clean out the oil every oil change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts