Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,412 Posts
There should be a check valve from the catch can to the intake on the PCV hose so hydro lock wouldn’t likely happen but yes, clean out the oil every oil change.
Not correct. Check valve usual prevents back fire from going into engine crankcase. The intake sucks from the engine through the PCV valve - the PCV valve should close when engine pressure is greatest - to prevent oil from entering intake.

Font Line Motor vehicle Parallel Engineering

Rectangle Font Circle Number Pattern

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte 5
2 Posts
Hi, I usually just scan thru the questions and keep going but this thread has me curious. I have 2017 kia forte 5 just turned 50k miles. Gdi engine with no problems so far but I have questions regarding the oil can. Do they make this set up for a 2017 forte5 gdi? Where would I find one to buy?

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
813 Posts
Hi, I usually just scan thru the questions and keep going but this thread has me curious. I have 2017 kia forte 5 just turned 50k miles. Gdi engine with no problems so far but I have questions regarding the oil can. Do they make this set up for a 2017 forte5 gdi? Where would I find one to buy?
If you can’t find a specific one, you can always get a generic one and run your own lines to it.

Reactions: scottfelsen
21 - 23 of 23 Posts