Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi wondering if anyone has there resinator removed and if it sounds like a rice rocket which is what i dont want...??

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
no it doesnt at all it gives it more off a growling sound to it and at 3000 rpm it tends to do it alot when just reviving it. The trick with mines is i have to shift at around 3500 hear this growl or drive aggressive. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
This is the benefit for having larger displacement 4 cyl. It never really has a ricer sound to it. If you've ever heard a subaru, it sounds more like that.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
who would one go about removing the resonator?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
What does it sound like on deceleration with it removed though? Small backfires and popping noises doesn't sound cool.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Account for subarus dodge neons also cobalts which all pop and many others. Yea not cool... I rather have it pop then sound like a civic.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Account for subarus dodge neons also cobalts which all pop and many others. Yea not cool... I rather have it pop then sound like a civic.
yeah I'd agree:D

·
Registered
348 Posts
Removing the resonator does very little. It's a very straight through design and has a great growl to it, that the muffler quickly kills. So the muffler is the one you'll want to swap out for a more open design. A couple members on here have done this and they say it's just dandy. I ordered my Magnaflow a few weeks ago and am waiting (impatiently) for delivery this week.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Removing the resonator does very little. It's a very straight through design and has a great growl to it, that the muffler quickly kills. So the muffler is the one you'll want to swap out for a more open design. A couple members on here have done this and they say it's just dandy. I ordered my Magnaflow a few weeks ago and am waiting (impatiently) for delivery this week.
Which model number did you go with?

·
Registered
407 Posts
^ X2 i am looking at a Magnaflow 11225

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have already y'd my exhuast into a dual now i have two flo pro bottles and it sounds great(nice low deep note) but i want it louder!!! so i think this would be the only option since our converters have a 02 sensor

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
if you y'd it wouldn't that make it a split exhaust, not a dual exhaust? or am i incorrect? i'm just asking, please don't blow up on me.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
would it be difficult to install one yourself? i have access to a hydraulic lift so i can get under it. is it bolt on or would i need to weld some stuff together?

·
Registered
161 Posts
if you y'd it wouldn't that make it a split exhaust, not a dual exhaust? or am i incorrect? i'm just asking, please don't blow up on me.
I believe he was just referring to it being a dual exit, not necessarily a true dual set-up. I would actually be interested in a dual exit.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
this is mines

1 - 20 of 25 Posts