Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips or tricks for replacing the lower motor mounts? I'm going to do all four, the upper ones look fairly simple but the lower ones look kinda tight. I couldn't find any step by step write up on the forum.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This Guy has a 2011 forte koup sx with the 2.4L

I have replaced number 1 in the picture but not number 11. I just need some kind of write-up or insight from anyone that has removed the rear mount (number 11) because the bolts can be removed, but it doesn't seem as though there is a way to shimmy it out of the crammed spot it's in. I believe someone mentioned removing the crossmember, but I'm not willing to DIY if that's the case. Any help would be appreciated.

As for the front motor mount that is located behind the bumper (number 1) I don't have a video or exact method of doing it, but the job can be done with box wrenches from the bottom of the car. It is very crammed down there and you will not be able to get a socket set to remove the nuts. The box wrenches with ratchets will make this process so much faster as compared to flipping the wrench at least 60 times to get these nuts on/off.
The mount for me was tricky to get lined up properly to get the screws/nuts back and will feel like it is not in correctly but once you get the nuts threaded it will tighten into place.
I chose to slightly support the engine with the wooden end of a large hammer, but I read somewhere here that it is not necessary and in hindsight I think I see why, but still would support the engine. Hope this helps you or anyone else out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts