Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I got my car 3 weeks ago and it had the front plate bracket on it. :( I live in a state that doesn't require a front plate and hate the damn things and the holes they leave behind. 5 in my case.

I prob should have taken some pix for a how too, but too late now.

You need a stubby Phillips screwdriver and a 10 mm socket or wrench.

1. Raise the car on ramps and block the wheels.

2. Remove the lower splash guard under the bumper by taking out 2 push pins & 4 10 mm head bolts for access.

3. Remove 2 Phillips screws from the bumper cover into the grill at the lower outer edges.

4. Remove 4 Phillips screws through the bumper cover into the grill just below the crash bar in the horizontal channel from underneath.

5. From underneath, carefully release the clips molded into the grill at the sides inboard of the fog light bezels and work the grill off the clips starting from the bottom. The center top clip has a metal retainer on it that was a challenge, but be careful and all will be fine.

There are different grilles on the Koup with or without fog lights. List on the grille was ~$145. The lower grille comes prefinished black so no painting is required. Prob took me around 20 mins after I had the car on the ramps. Should be quicker for you with my clues.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Where did you get it at? I had the same problem with my car. It has 7 including the two alignment holes. Would have had them fix it, but rather than replacing the lower grill I would have had to leave the car with them and they were going to patch the holes and paint. I said no thanks!

Want to put billet grills on my koup and when I do want to replace the lower grill. Thanks for the write up.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Iam Broke- Thanks for the reply. I found that site the other week and had already forgotten about it. I'll try to keep them in mind when the time comes. Looking at prices on that site I'm wandering how my repair bill is up to 10K. Guess the body shop's supplier has a high mark up on the stuff. Well that and the labor rates are probably high, never done that kind of work myself to know how difficult it is.

futurekoupowner - I've got an idea, why don't you use the search? If there's no answer start a new thread.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Do you know how to navigate a web forum or are you just posting in a bunch of random threads?

If you really don't know how to use a web forum please read this >>click<<, then proceed to the new member introductions and introduce your self.

If you do know how to use a forum please tell us now so a mod can go ahead and ban you.

Either way please stop posting in random threads where your questions have no relation to the topic. You don't do anything but piss people off in a hurry doing that.

·
Registered
732 Posts
It's called google.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.