·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best tire not too expensive to replace those useless goodyear? thx

·
Registered
348 Posts
Summer only? 'All season' (anyone in Canada knows there is no such thing as an all season tire for us...)? High mileage or sticky gumball? Help us to help you by narrowing the field a little.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I'm using Nitto tires right now and I'm really happy with them. They look and feel great! I'm not sure what your price range is though. Mine weren't too expensive because they were on sale at the time, but they weren't exactly cheap either since they were in the "ultra high performance" category with a ZR speed rating. I needed a very uncommon tire size for the wheels I bought and the Nittos were the "cheapest" that I could find. Not sure if that helps at all or if I'm just taking up posting space!

·
Registered
29 Posts
From experence with other cars, all-season would be michelin, long wearing but decent tires. expensive though

·
Registered
204 Posts
Chech out Continental's Extreme Contact DWS. I don't have them but that's what I would get if I had to buy a tire today.

Go to Tirerack.com and search by size. Then eliminate the Summer tires and whatever else you don't want, and see what's left.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, continental is a good choice:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool but in Quebec the new law is winter tires mandatory from dec15 to march15 so i usually get good all season and good winter tires, anyway i, ve always did that because of our winter, thx anyway

·
Registered
204 Posts
So if winter tires are required for winter, are you looking for summer tires or all-season for the other three seasons?

·
Registered
204 Posts
After I submited my last post, i realized that strickt summer tires might not be good enough 'temperature wise' for your non winter months. Still might be too cold for them in March and April and November.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
What is the best tire not too expensive to replace those useless goodyear? thx

call me silly- but what are the complaints about the stock goodyear tire?

yeah-i am shaving tread off learning the clutch/throttle and not having driving a stick in 15 years or more......

but - whats the complaint w/the tires?

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
I've try Lexani N3000 on my old Talon: Look good, greath dry traction, wear quite slow (rate at 300 AA A) not that good on wet (hey! thats summer tire) and they are cheap! Next summer I'll buy a set for the Koup.
Oem are noisy, poor dry traction so far!

·
Registered
126 Posts
call me silly- but what are the complaints about the stock goodyear tire?

yeah-i am shaving tread off learning the clutch/throttle and not having driving a stick in 15 years or more......

but - whats the complaint w/the tires?
Hummm... Let me see...:

Too much impact harshness combined with too much sidewalk flex when cornering, tread design and compound optimized for low-noise, all-season use (meaning it's neither great on dry pavement nor rain or snow...).

Any high-perf summer tire of the same size, even the lowest rated brand, will head'n shoulder outperform the Koup SX OEM Goodyear LS all-season donuts on dry or wet pavement (even more so if you go to 18inchers..). And we haven't talked about subjective stuff like turn-in response and behavior/feedback at or near the limit of adhesion...

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hummm... Let me see...:

Too much impact harshness combined with too much sidewalk flex when cornering, tread design and compound optimized for low-noise, all-season use (meaning it's neither great on dry pavement nor rain or snow...).

Any high-perf summer tire of the same size, even the lowest rated brand, will head'n shoulder outperform the Koup SX OEM Goodyear LS all-season donuts on dry or wet pavement (even more so if you go to 18inchers..). And we haven't talked about subjective stuff like turn-in response and behavior/feedback at or near the limit of adhesion...

Cheers,

thank you- i knew i'd get a good explanation from someone :)

i just broke 400 miles since 18 june - so i am still in the mostly 'chill' method of driving right now :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts