Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I'm trying to replace the interior dome light in my Forte EX sedan with a bright white LED bulb. I already have the bulb to do so. But i was wondering, how to you pop out the plastic covering without tearing up the ceiling. I managed to replace my map light bulbs by removing the plastic covering over them, but can't seem to figure out the one for the dome light. Can anyone help?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
In the manual there is a diagram. Simply use a flathead screw driver and stick it in and turn it and it should pop out. Look in the manual and it should give you a good idea of where to put the screw driver

·
Registered
558 Posts
did you just pry it open from any side?
If you look at the switch side of the light, toward the front of the car there are two small indentations that just use a small screwdriver to pop the cover off.

Pat.

Reactions: s.f.c.hooligan

·
Registered
558 Posts
What size bulb are you using? I'm trying to do the same in my forte ex sedan. What year is yours?
I cannot tell the size of bulb offhand they came in a kit I bought for my former Mazda3. My present car is shown in my avatar 2015 Forte5SX Premium.

Pat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts