Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm trying to replace the plain rearview mirror from the plain one to an auto dimming, any one have any idea how to get the stock one off? Also does anyone know whats the closest power source for it? Thanks alot

·
Registered
26 Posts
As far as the auto dim mirror I got the one from the dealer it comes as and accessorie on the forte and it gives u step-by-step instructions on how to do it.. Its not to do hard took me bout 45min to do it... Just follow the instructions and also the instructions will tell you where to tap the power source from..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didnt buy one from KIA I bought a generic one, my problem is installing the mirror part itself, do I just pull on the pin and push the mirror up from the button? I dont understand how to take the mirror part off :eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I didnt buy one from KIA I bought a generic one, my problem is installing the mirror part itself, do I just pull on the pin and push the mirror up from the button? I dont understand how to take the mirror part off :eek:
To take the mirror off there is a tab at the bottom that you push up and then the mirror should just slide right off..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks but just to clarify (ok now I sound like an idiot :p) Up towards the roof or up towards me? lol this is proving to be harder than I thought....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts