Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to remove the fog lamps in their car? I bought some 5000K bulbs and want to put them in but I just can't seem to reach them from the hood and I tried going from underneath the car, but there is a mud guard or something in my way. Can you only get to them by removing the bumper or the mud guards on the bottom of the bumper?

Thanks!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Remove the splash shield under the front bumper and you shouldnt have any issues.

·
Registered
695 Posts
So putting on a lift is not needed?
Haven't looked in the day time with enough light, but whats holding the splash shield in place?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ok so i just went outside and checked very quickly. I was able to get my hand on the back of the foglight, grab a hold of the connector and turn it to remove the bulb. I did not have to remove anything. I will so though that it is a little tight to get your hand back there though. The peice that is under the bumper underneath the foglight is part of the wheel well. So i wouldnt remove that if not needed. Should have enough room to fit your hand right on in there.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thanks civic killer, will post pictures of my fogs as soon as i get a day of to install. Put hand underneath bumper and find bulb turn to release, seems simple enough.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Driver's side can be accessed by pulling the headlight forward a bit... go in from the top.
Passenger's side requires the removal of two plastic clips on the bottom, bend the plastic back toward the tire and reach up. It's a bit tight, but it works. Getting an 880 HID in there is REALLY stinking tight, but any 881 is butter by comparison.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
I just replaced mine. There is room to pull them out if you have small arms. A tip is to take off the connector before attempting to turn the bulb out, it will not turn with the connector attached.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts