Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forte EX
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I paid the fee to get into the service manual section on the snapon website. Complete BS that we have to pay for this info IMHO, and I'm sure a lot of you agree. However, I took the time (and much time it was) to download each document individually and arrange them exactly as they appear on the website. If you need any page or section from the service manual let me know by posting and I'll reply with PDF attached. If you want the whole thing then PM me and I'll figure out how to get the folder to you. I'll start out by posting the A/V wiring diagrams because those seem to be in high demand. Let me know what you need!!

EDIT: The very last section being A/C and HVAC I ran out of time before it booted me so I don't have that one. If you happen to need that one let me know and if enough people need it I'll buy access again for that section. Also, this service manual I have is for MY2019+ Forte/Cerato.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an FE with the non-folding rear seat. I'd appreciate the pages showing the removal of the fixed rear seat, and anything showing the removal of the interior door panels and dash/radio (adding an amplifier and upgraded speakers).
Thank you!

·
Registered
2019 Forte EX
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@br070 here ya go!
i know they’re all named the same file name but here’s what they are in the order i uploaded them. If you look through them I’m sure you’ll find what you’re looking for :)

• Components of all backseat items
  • Repair of rear seat
  • Repair of rear seat back cover
  • Repair of rear seat cushion cover
  • Repair of rear seat armrest
  • Repair of rear seat folding lever

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
This is amazing, thank you for helping us out.

I contacted Kia directly to get service procedures out of service manual. NO is the only response i got. Such BS that manufacturers don't share service / maintenance info WITH PEOPLE THAT PURCHASED THEIR PRODUCT. RIght, dealer only service info - such a joke.

·
Registered
2019 Forte EX
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@1911garand

Yeah, on one hand I completely understand WHY they do it. Dealerships make very very small profits on the cars themselves anymore. The business model relies heavily on kick backs from the finance partnerships and service side of the industry. If everyone starts working on their own vehicles and their service departments take a hit, that cost gets passed onto us in the form of more expensive cars. For better or for worse, that’s the give/take

On the other hand, the extent which they’re going to make it difficult for people like us to work on our own machines works against them IMHO. For example, the stereotypical Kia owner (I picture a teenage girl 10k miles past her oil interval) is who they are going to make their money off. That type of person probably doesn’t even know what a service manual is never mind open their hood. And at the moment that’s the bulk of their demographic.

The more difficult they make things for fanatics/enthusiasts like us completely removes the real culture surrounding a brand. Now while Kia/Hyundai isn’t particularly known for its enthusiasts, with the strides they’ve been making with the Stinger and K series cars they’re really missing an opportunity here to feed the culture.

·
Registered
2019 Forte EX
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also, with the 100k power train warranty you’d think they would give us every opportunity possible to take care of our rigs so they don’t have to for free down the road.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is it possible to get the radio/amp schematic for 2020 forte gt? Saw you mentioned posting it but didn't see the pdf for it.
If youre trying to add an amp, i had to tap off of the amp in the rear of the car. that shit was a pain and i used the stingers h/k wiring diagram. the signal is digital, so unless you have a converter, like a lc-2, tapping from the output of the amp is the only way. i just used the hi level inputs on my amp. worked like a charm

·
Registered
2019 Forte EX
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
does it have how to access the fog lamps on a 2020 Forte Gt?
This is all they have on the fog lamps. Remember, this is only for the 2019 model year but since they're the same body style between 2019 and 2020 I can't imagine it'd be that much different. Good luck!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts