Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about 400 miles ago the mechanic left the reservoir cap open. Something told me to check today and the reservoir cap was open so I checked the coolant tank and it looked empty so I refilled it. I want to ask if their might have been any internal damage? The car didn’t overheat, I didn’t get any cel. I was noticing a lack of power but it returned after I refilled and closed the cap. What should I do? Help please

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
WITH THE ENGINE COLD check the coolant level of the radiator itself - do not count on the reservoir level to gauge your total coolant level. If the radiator is full then you should be okay.

Just running low on coolant doesn't always cause damage - but lesson learned CHECK YOUR CAR after maintenance is done. Learn to look at the important parts under the hood when you pick up your car after maintenance (even an oil change): oil dipstick, oil fill cap, coolant reservoir cap, brake reservoir cap, windshield fluid cap, air filter box retainers, etc.

From my observation, mechanics working on your car can be pulled off in the middle of working on your car and then replaced by another mechanic to finish the job - and this is where mistakes are made!!!

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WITH THE ENGINE COLD check the coolant level of the radiator itself - do not count on the reservoir level to gauge your total coolant level. If the radiator is full then you should be okay.

Just running low on coolant doesn't always cause damage - but lesson learned CHECK YOUR CAR after maintenance is done. Learn to look at the important parts under the hood when you pick up your car after maintenance (even an oil change): oil dipstick, oil fill cap, coolant reservoir cap, brake reservoir cap, windshield fluid cap, air filter box retainers, etc.

From my observation, mechanics working on your car can be pulled off in the middle of working on your car and then replaced by another mechanic to finish the job - and this is where mistakes are made!!!

Good luck!

Good luck!
Yeah man I let my guard down a bit and they got me. I filled it earlier. In the morning I will check it cold and once again midday. Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts