Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that you had a Flowmaster Super 44 on your Koup. I'm dying to get something that sounds good.
Yeah I had my muffler guy build me a axel back exactly like the one that came with our cars except the muffler. I ordered an old tip off of eBay and all. But I got so angry when my girl made me change it back that I threw it and messed it up lol

I prefer the flow master over the mah aglow Magnaflow just sounds to ricey in person.

By messed up. I mean I broke the welds by throwing it against the brick wall. I just got really ail of her saying its. Too damn loud when by god her Honda is far louder. But then again... She never rides windows down... And mine are rarely up. So she might be abit correct. :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yeah I had my muffler guy build me a axel back exactly like the one that came with our cars except the muffler. I ordered an old tip off of eBay and all. But I got so angry when my girl made me change it back that I threw it and messed it up lol

I prefer the flow master over the mah aglow Magnaflow just sounds to ricey in person.
Agreed, I'm not a fan of Magnaflow mufflers either. Out of all the readily available mufflers out there, I like Flowmaster the best.

I'm just making sure, is this the exact muffler that you had and did it fit in the stock location?

·
Registered
20 Posts
What I recommend is what I did was Removed the Stock Muffler and Replaced it with a Glasspack with the stock exhaust Tip, Looks Stock, Sounds a bit louder with a mellow tone without sounding "ricey" Overall it only cost me 40 Dollars and added a nice tone to my Koup until I get the Turbo-kits Exhaust

·
Registered
800 Posts
What I recommend is what I did was Removed the Stock Muffler and Replaced it with a Glasspack with the stock exhaust Tip, Looks Stock, Sounds a bit louder with a mellow tone without sounding "ricey" Overall it only cost me 40 Dollars and added a nice tone to my Koup until I get the Turbo-kits Exhaust
Never put a glasspack on a 4 or a 6 cylinder. Rules of not sounding like a douche ;)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Out of curiosity, I brought my SX to the muffler shop a few days ago and had the muffler deleted and I also had the resonator put back on. One downside to not having the muffler is the drone. The drone begins at around 1800-2000 rpms and is almost unbearable. However, after driving around for a few days, I've actually grown to love the sound. Anyways, I've been dying to post a sound clip all day so here it is!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
holy crap the muffler delete between the 2.0 and 2.4 is insane! haha the 2.4 sounds so beastly
I know right! I went into it knowing that it was going to be loud, but I had no idea that it would sound so much different than the 2.0L. IMO, it sounds gooooood. I almost want to make it louder but I don't want to go overboard so I think I'm just gonna stick with what I got and be happy.

·
Registered
831 Posts
On a side note, what are you lowered on? seems pretty low and looks nice with the wheel inserts. Doesn't look too bad on a silver koup! cant say the same for my white koup though haha

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
On a side note, what are you lowered on? seems pretty low and looks nice with the wheel inserts. Doesn't look too bad on a silver koup! cant say the same for my white koup though haha
I put Megan Racing coilovers on my Koup. The ride is pretty rough, but that's the look that I was going for. I actually have a thread with tons of pictures on it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I wonder if I do a resonator delete it will sound anything near this with my junb.l + tk hfc setup hmm, i do love this low tone, mines a big higher pitched, sounds abit like honda hitting vtec when i pass 3500RPM...goes really high pitched after that lol

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
I wonder if I do a resonator delete it will sound anything near this with my junb.l + tk hfc setup hmm, i do love this low tone, mines a big higher pitched, sounds abit like honda hitting vtec when i pass 3500RPM...goes really high pitched after that lol
When I removed my resonator the first time around, there was a noticeable amount of rasp from the outside of the car. It had more of a raw tone to it. However, that was on my stock exhaust. To me, the resonator gives the exhaust a much tighter exhaust tone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i'd recommend just removing the muffler, loud is better than rasp. I was planning on doing a muffler delete on my quad system, but I've ordered a HFC so im happy :)
so i’m kinda new in the car community.. i have a 2013 kia optima .. and was thinking about getting a muffler removal.. then you said HFC what is that ?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts