Kia Forte Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so on the highway not 2 long ago i decided to c the top speed, well i reached about 125 and the limiter kicked on, im not 2 fond of the idea, has any1 removed the limiter?

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Here we go..... Next!

·
Registered
733 Posts
I <3 haters

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'm sure a programmer could remove it. It is there for liability reasons... mainly as the tires on the vehicle are probably not rated that high. I'd hate to see what happens to a vehicle moving at excess of 125mph when a tire blows out. I'm sure it does not leave a pretty body in the wreck.

I'm very surprised that the throttle limiter would allow for speeds that high. My 2008 Focus was set at 103mph.

Knowing where the limiter is set is interesting... but wanting to remove it to go faster... well, that just means you plan to consistently drive faster then 125mph.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my brothers tiburon didnt have a limitor and we hit about 150, how bout grow some balls? u cannot tell me no one has went over 100 in their lifetime. besides the fact that i live in PA their is nothing out here! but anyway it was just a thought if anyone else had realized this

·
Registered
350 Posts
my brothers tiburon didnt have a limitor and we hit about 150, how bout grow some balls? u cannot tell me no one has went over 100 in their lifetime. besides the fact that i live in PA their is nothing out here! but anyway it was just a thought if anyone else had realized this
yeah let me ask my pregnant wife and my 3 year old girl if i can grow some balls and drive 150mph.. that sounds fun!!... NOT! id rather not kill my family or myself.

you are a fucking dumbass. have fun going 150mph. i hope it catches up to you.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I think the tires that come with the car are rated @ 110mph for a time length of 10min..

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
A similar thread like this months ago turned out to be a flame war and closed im just saying

·
Registered
47 Posts
It isn't lack of 'Balls' that inhibits careless driving or disregard for others safety.
It is lack of brains. Grow a brain. Clearly, you and your brother are proof why first cousins should never reproduce.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yeah let me ask my pregnant wife and my 3 year old girl if i can grow some balls and drive 150mph.. that sounds fun!!... NOT! id rather not kill my family or myself.

you are a fucking dumbass. have fun going 150mph. i hope it catches up to you.

I agree with you Pat!!

i had a friend who was killed 10 years ago because someone was racing on the highway clipped his car and he overturned in a ditch and drowned....so think about others before making comments about not having any balls. actually lets see how big yours are while youre crying at a funeral of someone you care about...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Let's all agree that going that fast on public roads is illegal because it is dangerous. It is a reckless disregard for ones own life and the life of others, much the same as driving drunk.

Now let's also agree that if you want to go fast then get your balls to the nearest track day to push them as fast as you can. Judging by your posts it may take more work on your part to get the track thing down, but your balls will be safe along with the lives of others.

·
Registered
114 Posts
yes x2 for saving it for the track. iv hit 220 km/h in my koup but this was on a drap strip aka a closed down air field.

·
Registered
211 Posts
i did 135 and @patyouknow quit hijacking threads but i have a 2011 and i did it without a speed limit lmfao but there are ways of flashing your ecu but you need to be able to reflash back to stock or your could just change the limiter

·
Registered
191 Posts
so on the highway not 2 long ago i decided to c the top speed, well i reached about 125 QUOTE] +1 win, i do the same thing at night when i get off work and no ones on the road xD
I did about 110 in the 4play with these tires and highway curved.... and it felt like my tires were going to loose traction any moment and spin out... these tires are not safe for high speeds...
.... now if we were alll slammed and had summer tires and it was warm now thats a diff story =)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Holy shit, did anyone even answer the kid's question?

So to answer the original question about a rev limiter... I'm sure there's a way to raise it or remove it, but it's not a good idea because the valves would eventually float (this is when they don't fully close and could quite possibly hit the piston at top dead center), or simply due to volumetric inefficiency (meaning the engine won't be able to ingest and expel enough air).

Now, to clear up some misinformation regarding tire speed ratings... I don't know what they put on older or lower trim levels, but the OEM Goodyear Eagle LS tires on my '11 SX are rated for 130 MPH. Speed ratings on tires are max continuous ratings for the max weight capacity of the tire, not for a certain amount of time as speculated previously. You can go faster than the rating, and they probably won't blow out, but it's anyone's guess as to what speed they'll fail at or how long they'll last. If they're loaded less than max weight, their max continuous speed rating is higher, but that's not a published figure because there's too many variables.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.