Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, Tired of your OEM shifknobs? Spoke via e-mail with Jason Jordan from SICKSPEED, and expressed to him how bad we are in need of aftermarket shiftknobs. They will be making a reverse adapter for our Forte's, so we can swap our boring shiftknobs with their kickass knobs. I posted some pics, so you can see their products! Let's support this company, since they are willing to help out after I requested for a reverse adapter for our cars! Theyre webpage is sickspeed.com

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That looks good! However, with the reverse adapter you don't have to sand any OEM part in your car.

X

·
0 Posts
stoked to see more company's making stuff for the car, whats the price range generally?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think this a fit for manual transmissiion, and not automatic. This piece will fit nicely, so you can swap your OEM shiftknob with an aftermarket one, and still be able to use your reverse. I tried to use a different shiftknob, but the spring for my reverse was showing, and it look terrible, so I had to go back to the OEM shifknob again.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reverse lock is to conceal the spring that goes inside the Manual shift knob. In the manuals you have to raise like a release button for the reverse. This is intended to manual transmission, and not automatic. They are many posts asking where to find shift knobs for our vehicles due to this feature, which is limiting our selection when it comes to shiftknobs.

·
Registered
673 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is ok, i've never seen an automatic koup in person myself. Lol!

·
Registered
576 Posts
This is goin to be cool! Look forward to seeing this product!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They really have a great variety of shiftknobs! Check them out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just ordered the reverse adapter along with a 490g Blox neo chrome shift knob. Can't wait for it to get here!! I'll try to post pics when it's installed

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Is there an option for the Autos to swap out the shift knob? Doesn't necessarily need to be SickSpeed, I just think the new '11-'13 shift knobs look kind of ugly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts