Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Awesome...Can't wait for someone to step up to test it out.....Do you guys think you'll be able to figure something out with this ongoing debate on whether the ECU will fry out due to a lack of airflow w/o the stock piping?? That's all that's keeping me from jumping on a CAI or SRI....

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I really hope this goes into production, unlike the grille...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We may have someone. Good thing is we will be able to use our ECU mounting system for this intake too so it will stay cool enough for sure and you can get rid of the airbox. Any intake where the box is there is just plain silly and a cop out against Forte owners. I have NEVER ever seen anything like that in the industry. IF someone started a MYTH that the ECU will over heat then you should have NEVER BOUGHT this car. Really, never heard of such a thing in 25 years in this business and I even brought it up to Product Planners and KIA. They laughed like school girls!

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
46 Posts
We may have someone. Good thing is we will be able to use our ECU mounting system for this intake too so it will stay cool enough for sure and you can get rid of the airbox. Any intake where the box is there is just plain silly and a cop out against Forte owners. I have NEVER ever seen anything like that in the industry. IF someone started a MYTH that the ECU will over heat then you should have NEVER BOUGHT this car. Really, never heard of such a thing in 25 years in this business and I even brought it up to Product Planners and KIA. They laughed like school girls!

ROAD/RACE
Every so often i click your link in your signature and i get some pop up saying there is a virus... Its not my anti virus and then it goes to another site... Whats up with that?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts

ROAD/RACE
Then they must have some pretty damn retarded engineers at KIA designing an intake system that takes into account the ECU. What a waste of time, money, and performance....

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
IF someone started a MYTH that the ECU will over heat then you should have NEVER BOUGHT this car. Really, never heard of such a thing in 25 years in this business and I even brought it up to Product Planners and KIA. They laughed like school girls!

ROAD/RACE
By all means I'm sure you have a lot more connections to corporate Kia than the users on this site. If there's any way you can actually get any official statement from Kia about the possible ECU overheating issue the Forte community would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Your ECU will not overheat, i have completely removed the stock air box from my forte and made a custom mount for it. I did a 400+ mile trip and had no problems with it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I've done over 5k miles since I put in my CAI and removed my stock airbox. Including a trip to Florida from New Jersey and back, absolutely no problems.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They just tell us verbally but again, there is no sign of over heating on any of the world engine ECUs, that includes, Mitsu, Hyundai, etc..... And they are all mounted in the same place in the engine bay. I would not worry.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We have the intakes on the site now. THe SRI comes with the polished aluminum heatshield and the insulated ECU mounting system so you can remove the airbox. The low to midrange performance proved to be better than the CAIs we have seen. IT just has slightly less top end power than a CAI, but we are talking about 5k-6k rpms so in a way this is a better more drivable intake. Remember, manual guys can use these too, especially good for guys worried about picking up water in those regions where you get flooding. CAIs I have seen, like Injen, is really, really low. Like 4-6 inches off the street so that makes guys vulnerable.

ROAD/RACE

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
We have the intakes on the site now. THe SRI comes with the polished aluminum heatshield and the insulated ECU mounting system so you can remove the airbox. The low to midrange performance proved to be better than the CAIs we have seen. IT just has slightly less top end power than a CAI, but we are talking about 5k-6k rpms so in a way this is a better more drivable intake. Remember, manual guys can use these too, especially good for guys worried about picking up water in those regions where you get flooding. CAIs I have seen, like Injen, is really, really low. Like 4-6 inches off the street so that makes guys vulnerable.

ROAD/RACE
And a Dyno is coming?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes. When we get stock test car in we will do dynos. Meantime, it seemed to perform as well or better than the intake the guy had on his car. That is all we can do with what we were given. We are happy with the result but we know dynos are in the future. One thing is for sure, I know it performs as well as other intakes we have test driven etc...

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
536 Posts
$239.00????? Damn guess I am not getting this anytime soon....Not criticizing price...I just need to make more money and that isn't happening for me anytime soon. :(

·
Registered
346 Posts
First, let me say I'm a big supporter of RRM and have bought from you guys and have gotten many members at my club to buy your stuff. The problem is that $239 for an SRI is pretty steep. I guess I would have thought they'd come in at a lower price point.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts