1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
567 Posts
Looking good guys. I was one of the critics, and I am very pleased to finally see a dyno.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i know i'm gonna sound retarded but how the hell do you read the dyno sheets?

·
Registered
53 Posts
That rear bumper on that koup looks great man!!!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
i know i'm gonna sound retarded but how the hell do you read the dyno sheets?

It's simple (once you see the trick to it). The curve that goes from 70 to 140 is the horse power curve (use the left hand y-axis to read the HP). The curve that starts at 120 is your torque curve (use the right hand y-axis to read the torque). Maximum horse power occurs at around 6,000 rpm. Maximum torque occurs at around 4,400 rpm.

·
Registered
211 Posts
how much is your piggy gonna run cause if its a simple tune more than 150 is not worth the money for 4 hp and 6 tq imo. also are there not other ways to simply change the a/f ratio?

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
how much is your piggy gonna run cause if its a simple tune more than 150 is not worth the money for 4 hp and 6 tq imo. also are there not other ways to simply change the a/f ratio?
429$ on their web site!
I must agree that it can do more them just remap the fuel table.... but for 4-5WHP gain on a stock or litely modified Koup it's a LOT of money.
I was expecting at least 15WHP.

RRM- how about the gain with 91 octane fuel???? and how easy to go from one tune to another???

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
It's simple (once you see the trick to it). The curve that goes from 70 to 140 is the horse power curve (use the left hand y-axis to read the HP). The curve that starts at 120 is your torque curve (use the right hand y-axis to read the torque). Maximum horse power occurs at around 6,000 RMP. Maximum torque occurs at around 4,400 RMP.
THANK YOU!!!! out of all the things on this forum this is the only i did not understand.

·
Registered
211 Posts
wow what a fucking rip off dang man if a product is going to be worth the dough then at least make some awesome gains i personally will not buy this or anything that is not cost effective

·
Registered
486 Posts
Am I correct in thinking this was run on a 2.0? because those numbers are less than the stock WHP of the 2.4

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Not sure.......... they Dyno in Cali. !
Emmision rule make SX model produce less then 173 HP stock!

·
Registered
708 Posts
you guys do realize this is something you can use to tune for further mods.. it's not a 1 and done thing..

not to mention the AFR still look like they're in the 11s at the end of the run.. which is rich so theres possibly more that can be pulled out of it .. further more.. peak numbers aren't the be all to end all .. you're gaining at least peak gains throught the whole power band

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow. Reactions are not quite right. These gains are good for just adjusting fuel. People can use this further but it will help all other mods and the difference is significant for a stock n/a motor. Maybe guys here don't really understand. Not sure what to say really.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
44 Posts
What would the hp and torque improvements be for a 2.4 with cai???? If it were a true gain in both depts I would def be willing to consider buying

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.