Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
191 Posts
Understand, these are good gains over large RPM range. 2.4s should get another 2 lbs of torque for sure and you are doing all this with better gas mileage. Pays for itself over time.

ROAD/RACE
On a stock motor with just adjustin fuel thats actually good. Once u have intake, exhaust, all extras adjusted thats when u start to get those 15whp gain....
How simple it is to do with that idk but deff worth money if its tuneable

· Registered
191 Posts
Wow. Reactions are not quite right. These gains are good for just adjusting fuel. People can use this further but it will help all other mods and the difference is significant for a stock n/a motor. Maybe guys here don't really understand. Not sure what to say really.

ROAD/RACE
Hey do u work for that website?
If ur willing to cut me a deal.... Ill buy it and take it to my shop have them mess with it and post before after dyno charts... Im sure once they come out good more people will DEFF buy it

· Registered
425 Posts
I think what is missing is this is a stock SX in California (stricter emissions), the power it makes is going to be low with just the piggy, but the power is across the whole freaking RPM range, especially the torque curve. Also it fixes the AF Ratio which will help MPG's. When I had an intake, pulley, and Piggy Back on my Suzuki it went from 94 wheel HP to 120 wheel HP and the milage went up by 1.5MPG. Mods will work in concert with each other for greater improvement, this gives you a good indicator of percentages you will see as you add on each mod.

We are no longer in the days of OBD I and simple fuel injection, there are not more sensors, VVT, and greater emissions control to worry about. This is not a 93 Honduh Civic, it is a 2010/11 Forte with way more technology into the engine and more programing in to the AF and timing. Back in the carborator days you slap a 4 barrel and some Edelbrock headers and get 25 HP, NOT LIKE THAT ANYMORE. Heck one of the Tuner mags spent almost $2K on mods for 11 wheel HP, thats a lot of money for such little gain. But if it is across the whole power band then you will notice it.

And I would take what other vendors say with a grain of salt.

· Premium Member
108 Posts
$2K for 11whp, huh? You know they post full retail rates, right? Also, slapping a 4 barrel was not an easy bolt and go 25HP. Keep in mind that such gains were also acquired through displacement.

Most importantly, you will not feel much or anything with less than a 5hp gain. Nor would it drastically improve performance. Point being, there are cheaper, more superior piggybacks out there that will yield more gains.

Heck, we've nothing to profit by telling people to save their money on something more relevant. Then again, if you want to drop $500 for a simple tool, then by all means, take what I have to say with a grain of salt. :)

Lastly, I cast warning regarding their product because their Genesis Coupe tuner ended up being a major bust where people had very little gains versus the advertised claims. Not only that, but their piggyback caused issues with function. Go to www.gencoupe.com and read for yourself or post a thread about the RRM NSPP and see how fast you get flamed. LoL

· Registered
44 Posts
So who would you recommend that makes a good piggyback for a decent price?

· Registered
973 Posts
was this on a 2.0 or a 2.4?
and if you people would look at the chart instead of just looking at peak numbers, you would notice it smooths out the power curve ALOT which does make a difference.
a lot of mods will increase peak power and leave the curve choppy or lose power in several other ranges, but this is a gain across the board in torque and power, and it smooths out the power curve.

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
was this on a 2.0 or a 2.4?
and if you people would look at the chart instead of just looking at peak numbers, you would notice it smooths out the power curve ALOT which does make a difference.
a lot of mods will increase peak power and leave the curve choppy or lose power in several other ranges, but this is a gain across the board in torque and power, and it smooths out the power curve.
You are sooooo right. Look at the curves more than the numbers. This kinda of change in power makes up a lot of car lengths in a race. Lets put it that way. This was a 2.0 engine by the way. Figure on a about 2 ft lbs of torque more when applied to a 2.4 liter. That is conservative.

ROAD/RACE

· Registered
191 Posts
You are sooooo right. Look at the curves more than the numbers. This kinda of change in power makes up a lot of car lengths in a race. Lets put it that way. This was a 2.0 engine by the way. Figure on a about 2 ft lbs of torque more when applied to a 2.4 liter. That is conservative.

ROAD/RACE
Can u make a tune with 93 octane? VPOWER!

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Can u make a tune with 93 octane? VPOWER!
93 octance tune is not going to matter since we are not changing timing. Save your money and run standard octane. It will actually work better. I wish it was that easy but it is not on this engine. Thanks

ROAD/RACE

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.