Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guys down at RRM were nice enough to give me one of there strut bars after using my forte to develope some parts and I got to say IT IS A MUST HAVE! When you take a sharp tur the streering is more crisp, the car just feels better. There strut bar may not look the best but it IMO it does the best job out of all the other strut bars i have seen. Its hard to explain how much better the car feels so you got to get it and experience it for yourself

RRM Forte Strut Bar [RRM Forte Strut Bar] - $139.00 : Road Race Motorsports -, Your home for Lancer, SX4, Genesis and many more

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
There strut bar may not look the best but it IMO it does the best job out of all the other strut bars i have seen.
I didn't know you could determine the performance of a strut bar by judging it's looks. :D

Anyway, that's cool that you let them use your Forte for some research and fitting and it's cool that they gave you the strut bar for free I assume?

I've been thinking about getting a strut bar but just haven't really decided if I actually need one. I do like the silver color you have instead of the ugly red one they have shown on their website.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't know you could determine the performance of a strut bar by judging it's looks. :D

Anyway, that's cool that you let them use your Forte for some research and fitting and it's cool that they gave you the strut bar for free I assume?

I've been thinking about getting a strut bar but just haven't really decided if I actually need one. I do like the silver color you have instead of the ugly red one they have shown on their website.
lol ya i know those flashy strut bars and like 30hp to my car haha. You should get a strut bar, its not needed but the car does feel better even when im just driving around, its feels more sportier or may just be me lol :D. But you will notice better cornering with it, its your call

·
Registered
567 Posts
I like how the one time I see a RRM strutbar that isn't red, it's on a car that has everything else that's red.

·
Registered
265 Posts
i'm looking into their strut bar, underbrace, springs, and lw pulley. how does the lw pulley feel compared to stock? the car isn't a powerhouse, so I'm more focused on go then the twisties at the moment.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Whoa some haters on the red rrm strut bar. I own one in the red to match the rest of my car.

I will agree the feel is better, i like how its a a solid piece that is welded and not bolted with hinges.

Kovyfortesx the lightweight pulley is a nice add, there is a noticable change from the moment you touch the gas. I cant remember what it felt like before.

·
Registered
265 Posts
cool, thanks for the input. since i'll be keeping this N/A for at least another year, I'm going to try to squeeze whatever power I can out of the motor.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like how the one time I see a RRM strutbar that isn't red, it's on a car that has everything else that's red.
lol ya they gave me a silver one but I like the silver on red look

·
Registered
206 Posts
THe bar is all function really. We have built rally cars and Pikes Peak cars for over 20 years so we are all about engineering stuff for strength. Function usually does not look as good as fashion. That is why we do not wear heels to work! :lol: Thanks for the help and glad you like the bar. What you say makes sense, the car should feel like it turns in better. That is the product of stiff chassis. If you would have said anything else then I would have called B.S. on you myself! :) Bars with joints are just that.... bars with joints! Think about it!

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
425 Posts
Any word on when your rear sway bar is coming out?
Now there is another hot suspension item the Forte needs. I know that on both my Suzuki's a Rear Sway Bar improved handling by a wide margin, in the SX4 it just about eliminated body roll in the car.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im not a suspension expert, but i dont see a rear sway bar helping out that much with the way the rear is set up, idk im probably wrong

·
Registered
346 Posts
Actually I'd say a rear sway bar would do much more than a front strut bar. It certainly has in other car's I've owned. I know this Forte has a torsion beam that acts like a sway bar (sort of) but it's not the same.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
If you could make a rear sway bar and have it cost what the STB costs I'll pony up money right now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd like a larger FRONT swaybar and a set of Koni struts (or inserts), this car is SCCA H-Stock legal and these are some of the very few allowable mods.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.