Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
That's a whole lot of money for a SRI considering you can make one the same as that for less than half that cost or just do the factory SRI for pennies.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So a CAI seems to be a better investment? I am looking to improve mileage and performance.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Better tell TK they can't make a CAI for our cars...

It was designed for the Automatic Transmission Models since there is no room to fit a CAI in the engine bay of the automatic trans models.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Better tell TK they can't make a CAI for our cars...
They made this so people wouldnt have to bend the dip stick for the automatic trans, but ya the price is high for something like this , even cost more then the CAI...:confused:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 2011 Koup SX auto does not have an automatic transmission dipstick, or at least one I can find.
I like the CAI idea better but I am a little apprehensive about buying it because it sits so low to the ground. I have looked behind the fog lights where it would go, and after driving back and forth to work (which is 100 miles) there seems to be little if any water there. I have read that no one has had a problem with the Hydrolock issue, so maybe I am just being paranoid.
So....anyone who has a CAI in their forte, Do you have to drive any differently ? By differently, do you try to avoid puddles or drive any differently in the rain?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
My 2011 Koup SX auto does not have an automatic transmission dipstick, or at least one I can find.
I like the CAI idea better but I am a little apprehensive about buying it because it sits so low to the ground. I have looked behind the fog lights where it would go, and after driving back and forth to work (which is 100 miles) there seems to be little if any water there. I have read that no one has had a problem with the Hydrolock issue, so maybe I am just being paranoid.
So....anyone who has a CAI in their forte, Do you have to drive any differently ? By differently, do you try to avoid puddles or drive any differently in the rain?
In order to hydrolock a motor via CAI that has a quality filter (K&N, AEM, etc) you must completely submerger the CAI up to the top of the filter. So, unless you plan on driving through 12"+ of water then there is no need for concern.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.