Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let's see how this one goes.

Date
April 30, 2011

Time
9am - Leaving from Dallas
9am - Leaving from Seguin (San Antonio/Austin)
12:30 or 1 - meeting in Houston location.

Meet point Dallas

Chevron Gas Station
3926 East Overton Road
Dallas, TX 75216-2803

Meet point San Antonio

IHOP Restaurant
2777 N State Hwy 123 Byp, Seguin, TX 78155

Meet point Houston

Walmart
9598 Rowlett Road
Houston (Almeda), TX 77075

The plan
picture and videos at the sunset

we are driving back same Saturday night, I have some walkies talkies to keep us busy from the 3hrs trip.

We may also watch the movie Fast 5 here

Showboat Drive In Theatre
22422 FM 2920
Hockley, TX

Thoughts, ideas, yays or nays..let's hear it.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
YES YESH YESHHH :) Since this is my town anywaysss :D

If things go well, I'll try and go find a new spot for picsss :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Let's see how this one goes.

The plan
picture and videos at the sunset

Date
Late april?
This will be one day trip, we'll leave Saturday early morning and we are driving back same Saturday night, I have some walkies talkies to keep us busy from the 3hrs trip.

Thoughts, ideas, yays or nays..let's hear it.
Where is your starting point? The most likely route is through Houston which is about 100 miles of concrete freeways beginning at Conroe until you get to the bottom side of Houston. You could however come through the "back doo"r and take the ferry over to Galveston but you would need to know the back roads perhaps west from the Beaumont area.

I went down there last year and don't know a good way except through Houston which I detest. Coming down from Dallas a good stop for a meal is the Cracker Barrel in Conroe. Easy off and easy onto I45. Then the "fun" begins.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i would love to try and make it to this one! especially late april. i just was given a $75 gas card from my job so looks like im ok on gas lol

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm coming from Dallas but everyone is welcome to come.

The plan are those pretty much, exact locations are not known but with Anabel a Heather help we'll make it :)

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
kate, me and richie from streetkiaz are probably going to ride up together if he goes. Not sure what way wed go because he's in austin but we could meet up In san marcos, take 21 to 71 for a while until we hit I-10. Its about a 3 1/2hr drive from san marcus

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Yeah y'all meet up somewhere then make your way to I 45 or something, that's the easiest way to get into galveston.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
kate, me and richie from streetkiaz are probably going to ride up together if he goes. Not sure what way wed go because he's in austin but we could meet up In san marcos, take 21 to 71 for a while until we hit I-10. Its about a 3 1/2hr drive from san marcus
I recommend zach and any sa folks meet at my place first, then head to the IHOP at the 123 exit on us10 to meet up with folks coming from the north and to grab some breakfast. There's 2 or 3 gas stations at that intersection also.

SA folks shouldn't back track to san marcos. We should meet in seguin for efficient routing for everyone.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
We can meet somewhere in Houston, like a walmart so everyone can get some water or snacks for the photoshooting, then after everything is done we can all go eat somewhere.

I'll look on the map which walmart we can meet before heading to Galveston.

Edit

How about this walmart? its outside Houston and its near by the freeway.

9598 Rowlett Road
Houston (Almeda), TX 77075
(832) 386-0103

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I recommend zach and any sa folks meet at my place first, then head to the IHOP at the 123 exit on us10 to meet up with folks coming from the north and to grab some breakfast. There's 2 or 3 gas stations at that intersection also.

SA folks shouldn't back track to san marcos. We should meet in seguin for efficient routing for everyone.
Yep that sounds like a good plan. Talk to them SA ppl and get a solidified plan. then pick a meeting spot for us in the south and north.

·
Registered
161 Posts
This could give me an excuse to go home. Depending on where this falls compared to late midterms or finals I'm down

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well im thinking more like April 30 because most people have test and such at school by the 23, so probably we are doing it on 30 but i'll confirm that in the OP.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I just met another koup owner today. Black sx. he's made it look real nice. He said though that he couldn't sign up on here. Said It wouldn't let him. Anyways, he said he might show up with us

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ohhh that's awesome!! Couple guys I usually meet with don't sign in the forums either, but as long as you have their numbers and text them for the next meets they are usually are there :)

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
ya he had his koup lookin nice. bought my billet grille from me actually :)

and just so we can talk about it now, what time are you wanting to all meet in galvaston? that way we all know when to leave, roughly. from kates place, its about a 3 1/2 hr drive.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I gotta talk to the people in Dallas, but what I would like is leave Dallas either 8 or 9 am so I guess we can meet at the Houston either 11 or 12.

Heather, I guess we can meet there and drive together to Galveston, also Anabel would you be able to meet us at walmart? If not then give us an address where to meet.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Yeah I'll meet y'all up in houston. We should take some pics in a parking garage downtown or sumthin....

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
that sounds good to me.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts