Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'd like to get a Thule bike carrier for my bicycle. But the Thule site says there isn't a compatible system. I'd like to get the roof mount system.

Has anybody tried this?

I have a 2010 KIA Forte SX Sedan.

-Paul

·
Registered
68 Posts
The Yakima rack works just fine. If you're set on Thule, I emailed them a while back, and they said that they have
no plans to support the Forte any time soon.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Does no one else see how beautiful this picture is? My jaw dropped when I saw this Stephen. :eek: You're Koup is looking really good, congrats. Amazing what a set of coilovers, projectors and a good camera can do.

Anyway... I've been thinking about putting a bike rack on the roof like what you have. Does the rack damage the car in anyway when having to install it? I want to be able to return it to stock at some point. How much did it set you back?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks a lot man, I try to keep it simple and clean.

If you make sure both the bottom of the rubber pieces, and the section they will be making contact with on the paint are clean before
installation, you should be fine. However, you can buy some clear 3M protective material to put under them to protect your paint, if
you want to be absolutely 100% safe.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Looks like there is a small wind deflector at the front of the rack. Do those little rubber feet make marks on the roof due to vibration and wind pressure?

·
Registered
589 Posts
I've been looking in to a rack system even since I bought the car. How does that clamping system work? Isn't it damaging the glass on the doors since the window(s) are closing directly on to the metal clamps?

The only other option I was told is to have holes drilled in to the roof to support the rails for any rack system...which I'm not to gung-ho about.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I just got my 2012 Forte 5 a few weeks ago and asked the dealer about roof racks. Neither the Canadian or US site showed that it was even a factory available option but alas they did have it!

I got them for $350 CDN and they will fit my roof box no problem with u-bolts.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The Yakima rack works just fine. If you're set on Thule, I emailed them a while back, and they said that they have
no plans to support the Forte any time soon.

Does no one else see how beautiful this picture is? My jaw dropped when I saw this Stephen. :eek: You're Koup is looking really good, congrats. Amazing what a set of coilovers, projectors and a good camera can do.
Stole the words right out of my mouth. The picture and car is gorgeous.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Stole the words right out of my mouth. The picture and car is gorgeous.
And this was back when no one was even thinking about projector retrofits or coil-overs. He may have been the first to do these with a NA Forte.

bbud, the rack looks good. It seems to me a roof rack just belongs on the five door. What do you plan using it for? Bikes, kayaks, skiing, all of the above?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts