Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry Christmas everyone, Id like to know if anyone has found roof racks or hitch receivers for this car? Im interested in investing in one of the two.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,845 Posts
I haven't seen any roof racks yet. Trailer recievers can be found on e-bay. On another Forte site their are some pictures of the trailer hitches/recievers installed on a sedan.

Note: Kia des not recommend using the Forte to tow things.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I remember another member here had a rack installed on a koup

Not many choices, but the Yakima Q Tower system with Q 46 Clips will do the job, pretty good considering the koup has "frameless" doors.

I suggest you get it professionally installed so that the Q 46 clips hitting the glass is minimal. If you're very technical and you decide to buy the system, the instructions don't have the Koup listed but here's the measurement: M1 - 45 1/4", M2 - 4", M3 - 43 5/8", M4 - 21"

WARNING: If you have a sunroof/moonroof system, you can still open it to vent, but to fully open you need to get the Yakima stretch kit, otherwise fully opening the sunroof hits the rear bar. I didn't get the stretch kit because I only plan to use the roof rack seasonally.

Here are pictures of mine, seriously there are those that aren't gonna like roof racks on the koup, but hey my car, i got $$$ to throw, and i need the space...oh yeah fashion over function :)...peace!

·
Registered
144 Posts
The hitch for the sedan and coupe are 2 different hitches so Im waiting until one for the hatchback is officially released by someone. I did look at the instructions for both hitches and the coupe one seems to be the correct one but Im waiting just to be sure.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I was looking at some Universal Rack kits but considering I don't know anything about anything I'm gonna wait until specific Forte parts come out. I'm thinking I might get a basket on top instead of the snowboard mounts =p

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,845 Posts
The hitch for the sedan and coupe are 2 different hitches so Im waiting until one for the hatchback is officially released by someone. I did look at the instructions for both hitches and the coupe one seems to be the correct one but Im waiting just to be sure.
Best to make sure...you would have thought the Spectra sedan and Spectra5 shared everything but the rear body parts -- but they did not. The performance exhausts that Kia provided was different between the Spectra sedan and Spectra5.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Any updates on this? I'd really like a rack too for my 5 door, but haven't seen anything specifically for the 5 door.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts