Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace my warped rotors. Looking on Rock Auto, a 2018 Forte5 SX has the option of 280MM rotors or 300MM front rotors. 馃 what is the right answer here? I have 18 inch wheels stock.

Registered
Go to a Kia/Hyundai online store & look for your trim & yr Forte.

Can also call or go to your local Kia/Hyundai dealership & get the correct info.

Kiapartsnow.com Mykiaparts.com. what I use for parts info when checking otc non oem/factory parts from Autozone, O'Reilly's etc

Take before middle & after pics if you diy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go to a Kia/Hyundai online store & look for your trim & yr Forte.

Can also call or go to your local Kia/Hyundai dealership & get the correct info.

Kiapartsnow.com Mykiaparts.com. what I use for parts info when checking otc non oem/factory parts from Autozone, O'Reilly's etc

Take before middle & after pics if you diy.
Yeah, I did that with no help actually. The site says it fits, does not say what the size it is, then notes 16 &17 inch wheels.
Product Font Circle Parallel Rectangle

Registered
2022 Kia Forte GT2 Steel Grey
Cross reference the part number at rockauto. If you look at more info it will give you the kia part numbers that the part cross references to.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Or search specs on sites, eg:
2018 Kia Forte SX DCT Features and Specs

Front Brake Rotors, diameter x thickness (inches): 11.8

11.8 inches = 299.72MM.
Now that was helpfull 馃憤 the 280MM is 11.2, that is a big difference. I went to Autozone and they gave me the wrong air filter and said "that is what the computer calls for"

Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
Now that was helpfull 馃憤 the 280MM is 11.2, that is a big difference. I went to Autozone and they gave me the wrong air filter and said "that is what the computer calls for"
LOL!!!!!!

Go to Autozone and ask for a PCV valve for a 2007 Chevy Cobalt 2.2L - they'll sell you one!

The Chevy 2.2L DOESN'T have a PCV valve - it uses a metered hole between the block and intake manifold...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL!!!!!!

Go to Autozone and ask for a PCV valve for a 2007 Chevy Cobalt 2.2L - they'll sell you one!

The Chevy 2.2L DOESN'T have a PCV valve - it uses a metered hole between the block and intake manifold...
Just for a side note. Go into Wallmart and check their book on the Forte5, it only offers one option and it is WRONG also.

Registered
Last year I found some broken pintle caps while removing injectors from a 15 year old van. No big surprise that those tiny plastic caps (rings actually) would break, given where they're located. So I went to the local parts stores, and none of the counter people had a clue what a pintle cap is, or where I might find one. All sorts of O-rings available, but not a single pintle cap, probably because the great majority of injectors only use O-rings and have no caps.

So I went to the Dodge parts dept, and they also gave me a blank look when I said injector pintle cap, and there was also no listing in their doc for them either. He was sounding like he didn't believe what I was saying, so I had him get an injector, and pointed out the pintle cap to him. And after that, I asked what Dodge techs do when those caps break during their repair work. The parts guy replied: "I guess they must just replace the injector". For around $100 apiece. And add one more reason to why I feel the way I do about stealerships.

My last local shot that I hadn't tried yet was a NAPA store, and much to my surprise, the first parts guy I spoke to did know what a pintle cap was. But they didn't have any on the shelf, and after 10 minutes or so of searching, he couldn't find anything in his NAPA books either. I figured that was the end of it, but this guy indicated to me that he wasn't ready to give up on it just yet.

So he proceeded to spend another 20 mintues or so, looking through other sources, and even making a couple of phone calls to parts distributors! I was absolutely blown away by the amount of effort this guy was giving, trying to find what was most definitely going to be a very small ticket item. He never did find the caps, but I can't even begin to say how impressed I was by his attitude and what he put into it.

I don't shop at the local part stores very often, so I don't know if NAPA employees are a cut above in general. But I can say for certain that the OP of this thread would have walked out of that store with the right rotors, if this same guy was the one helping him out.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Last year I found some broken pintle caps while removing injectors from a 15 year old van. No big surprise that those tiny plastic caps (rings actually) would break, given where they're located. So I went to the local parts stores, and none of the counter people had a clue what a pintle cap is, or where I might find one. All sorts of O-rings available, but not a single pintle cap, probably because the great majority of injectors only use O-rings and have no caps.

So I went to the Dodge parts dept, and they also gave me a blank look when I said injector pintle cap, and there was also no listing in their doc for them either. He was sounding like he didn't believe what I was saying, so I had him get an injector, and pointed out the pintle cap to him. And after that, I asked what Dodge techs do when those caps break during their repair work. The parts guy replied: "I guess they must just replace the injector". For around $100 apiece. And add one more reason to why I feel the way I do about stealerships.

My last local shot that I hadn't tried yet was a NAPA store, and much to my surprise, the first parts guy I spoke to did know what a pintle cap was. But they didn't have any on the shelf, and after 10 minutes or so of searching, he couldn't find anything in his NAPA books either. I figured that was the end of it, but this guy indicated to me that he wasn't ready to give up on it just yet.

So he proceeded to spend another 20 mintues or so, looking through other sources, and even making a couple of phone calls to parts distributors! I was absolutely blown away by the amount of effort this guy was giving, trying to find what was most definitely going to be a very small ticket item. He never did find the caps, but I can't even begin to say how impressed I was by his attitude and what he put into it.

I don't shop at the local part stores very often, so I don't know if NAPA employees are a cut above in general. But I can say for certain that the OP of this thread would have walked out of that store with the right rotors, if this same guy was the one helping him out.
As said above, most of these people have no real knowledge of vehicles. They are just a parts lookup person and blindly follow what the computer tells them.

Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
I once went to a parts house and asked the "parts guy" for a Quadrajet secondary metering well gasket. His reply was that they didn't sell them. I asked him to turn around...the metering well gaskets were on the wall right behind him...LOL!

Font Material property Gas Electric blue Electronic device

Registered

Those type of go to people are no longer around & an extremely rare.

Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
I was like that when I worked for Autozone. If I couldn't find it or get it for the customer, I'd call around to competitors to try to locate it for them. Pissed my manager off on a regular basis, but I didn't care. I had a very loyal customer base and they'd wait in line for me to help them rather than go to one of the other parts counter people. They lost business when I finally got fed up with their "store appearance" crap instead of customer first like it should have been, and just walked out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts