Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded to the new Factory (KDM) LED Tails and they Rock! I got them installed and enabled them to act as brake and tail lights. The shape lighting around the LEDs turn heads and the whatizit has gone up dramatically.

I will put the pix up tomorrow. I highly recommend these lights!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Wow! Soar I haven't seen you on in a WHILE! Welcome backkkk! And I'm looking forward to the new pics! I <3 the new taillights! Soooo sexy

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! Soar I haven't seen you on in a WHILE! Welcome backkkk! And I'm looking forward to the new pics! I <3 the new taillights! Soooo sexy

It's good to be back--had been lurking a few times but had been soooo busy inpiring high School Students to take up STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) studies in college. We need more tuners out there! There IS nothing like building spacecraft in your garage that can survive a trip up and down and a good use of electronic and thermodynamic skills.

I will get the pics along with my other new mods up. I picked up some hot badges for the racing red look and did some more interior mods with lighting and the use of many diodes. I cannot believe the forte didn't come with a lighting convienence module like the Sorento! Made for some interesting wiring.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I went to my dealer and asked about them they couldn't give me a price and said they won't be available till next month

·
Registered
536 Posts
Interested in checking out your mods...I really get into the interior light accents...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought them from Shark Racing.... I wonder if the US version will be different as there is no reflector in these.

The Price was on par with my Sorie KDM LED Tails.
Shark Racing

I am uploading a batch of pics now--but I am on 3g so it won't finish until I get home.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,847 Posts
I went to my dealer and asked about them they couldn't give me a price and said they won't be available till next month

Your dealer's not looking very hard for the 2011 Koup LED tail lights...or he doesn't want to scare you away...LoL!!!

Part Number RETAIL price!
92401 1M510 Lamp Assy Outer $363.10
92402 1M510 Lamp Assy Outer $363.10
92403 1M510 Lamp Assy Inner $330.20
92404 1M510 Lamp Assy Inner $330.20

Only $1386.60 if you but all four at retail!

Soar4fun -- Thanks for posting the Shark Racing versions...much better price!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Would you able down the road to write up a wiring tutorial for the lights? I was interested in doing the swap later on when I have 450 dollars to spend :)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I just saw a 2011 KOUP (at night)... OMG the tail lamps make the car look very very sexy.... If I had a KOUP I would get the 2011 tail lamps...

·
Registered
645 Posts
I went to take a look at the lot of my Kia dealer and saw 2 2011 Koup SX and they had no LED taillights just the same as my 2010, the only LED I saw was on the mirrors, which from what I saw can be swapped on the 2010 just by changing mirror covers,the rest of the mirror is identical.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I've seen the LED tails in person. They do look really good. As for the turn signals and reverse lights they are identical to current taillight if I am not mistaking.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,847 Posts
I went to take a look at the lot of my Kia dealer and saw 2 2011 Koup SX and they had no LED taillights just the same as my 2010, the only LED I saw was on the mirrors, which from what I saw can be swapped on the 2010 just by changing mirror covers,the rest of the mirror is identical.
I'm hoping you are correct about the mirrors -- I like the thin line of lights as opposed to the larger lens on my 2010 Koup's mirrors.

As for the LED tail Lights -- could it be that the Canadian SX models don't come with the LED tail lights? All the 2011 Koup SXs on my dealer's lot have the LED tail lights (In Florida).

...and the turn/reverse lights in the 2011 LED tail Lights are the same as my 2010 -- bulbs.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I bought them from Shark Racing.... I wonder if the US version will be different as there is no reflector in these.

The Price was on par with my Sorie KDM LED Tails.
Shark Racing

I am uploading a batch of pics now--but I am on 3g so it won't finish until I get home.
That 3G sure takes a lllooonnnggg time...LoL!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts