Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CORRECTION: RRM NOT RPM haha

I came across this puppy while browsing another forum today, and thought i would see if anyone here has it. I've never heard of this company before, so i am a little weary. I cant wait any longer for the big name brands to make something, so until then this just may have to do.

Anyone out there have this? what's it like? sound? performance?

Here is the link to their site, picture of SRI below: LINKY LINK

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well from the other forum I read it seemed like it wasn't as easy as just bolting it on.... want to hear results from real people, not the company.

·
Registered
973 Posts
sri v cai cai wins all the time
I don't want to get either personally, sticking with stock intake with k&n filter, but cai's have proven time and again to be better in every way than sri's

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
don't want cai where I live it tends to flood a lot

·
Registered
206 Posts
CAI is too long. This is why we shortened up the intake. It loses low end power if it is too long. I know that is what people think they want but it is not always the best. Longer is not always better and you will straw up the water like the last post says. A compromise seems to work best from the different variations we built and tried out.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,825 Posts
Any pictures of it installed in a forte?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Dam there are some somewhere. I did not dyno it alone but I will put it up against ANY intake out on the market. IT makes great power over a large RPM range, hence the slightly shorter tube than a standard CAI. It is about 8 inches shorter which give it best combination of low to high end torque. Really a cool design that worked much better than the Injen we compared it to on the same car.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
34 Posts
CAI is too long. This is why we shortened up the intake. It loses low end power if it is too long. I know that is what people think they want but it is not always the best. Longer is not always better and you will straw up the water like the last post says. A compromise seems to work best from the different variations we built and tried out.

ROAD/RACE

Good call on the low end power RRM!!!

I remember reading an article (well trying to...it was in Japanese :lol: ) from HKS Japan a while aback on a Singaporean forum IIRC.

For the life of me I can't find it now....but it basically showed how the very LENGTH of the intake pipe itself, affected the power band through intake pulses and that sorta jazz. IIRC, too long and too short narrowed the "spread" of the band a bit, which I think is what you're alluding to.

Well....that was my understanding of it anyway :D

Do you have any more info on this RRM?

·
Registered
206 Posts
You are correct. We have done a lot of intakes now and the sales gimmick is always CAIs. We know that and do not give in to the pressure. We make them the best length for the engine, period! We have done more than a few intakes and even in tests like DSPORT MAG, our products have beaten the big names for power! Thanks

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
567 Posts
I would like to see the same car dyno'd with a TK CAI and then the RRM Short Ram. I think RRM and TK should get in contact and have a friendly little competition with each other.

·
Registered
206 Posts
This is it but we can do them for Automatics. How many do you guys think are autos? We would have a SRI for you guys. How many would be in? Honestly we need to see a bit more from KIA guys or we will not do more parts. It would be a losing battle. I hope you understand. We are trying but we are not seeing good sales at all from Forte guys.

ROAD/RACE

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
This is it but we can do them for Automatics. How many do you guys think are autos? We would have a SRI for you guys. How many would be in? Honestly we need to see a bit more from KIA guys or we will not do more parts. It would be a losing battle. I hope you understand. We are trying but we are not seeing good sales at all from Forte guys.

ROAD/RACE
You gotta spend the time and dyno your parts no one is going to spend money blindly on hopes and promises.

·
Registered
567 Posts
You gotta spend the time and dyno your parts no one is going to spend money blindly on hopes and promises.
I fully agree with this. I don't think I've yet to come across any dyno sheets or any other proof of claims for your products. Not trying to attack you, just saying I can't recall seeing. TK's CAI was my first performance part, and I attribute that purchase to the quick and informative responses I saw from them on the forums and for the dyno charts and videos of their products that are posted right next to the products on their webpage. I'm not going to invest hundreds of dollars in something if I don't really know what I'm getting myself into.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Send me a demo for the auto 2.4 and I'll do a review :) If I like it, I'll purchase it or if not, send it back.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts