Kia Forte Forum banner

RRM lightweight pulley vs KFX lightweight pulley

18K views 80 replies 29 participants last post by  SCANDO316 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
They don't look the same...other then that they both have the same diameter and weight.

RRM Forte Lightweight Pulley:
This is a custom ROAD///RACE CNC machined crank pulley. It is made of aircraft grade aluminum and weighs just 1 lb. Stainless steel sleeve around pulley hub assures long life. Stock pulley weighs more than 4 lbs. and robs horsepower from the engine just to spin it. Just like a light flywheel, throttle response will be greatly improved! Installs in minutes and uses original belts. Designed specifically for the Kia Forte. This pulley will allow the car to get into the POWERBAND SOONER!!! WORKS ON BOTH MANUAL AND AUTO TRANSMISSION

KFX:
This OBX lightened aluminum crank pulley is a direct fit for your 2010, 2011, 2012 2.4L Kia Forte. This new pulley is fully CNC machined 6061 aluminum and is available in a silver finish. The lightweight crank pulley fits all 2010 - 2012 Kia Forte models. The pulley is a direct bolt on using the factory belt. Using the same diameter as stock, the OBX pulley weights a little over 1 LBS compared to the stock pulley weighing in at 4lbs. The weight savings in rotational mass equates to serious performance increases. You can expect quicker throttle response, improved rev matching, and more for the serious 2010, 2011, 2012 Kia Forte performance driver.

#5 ·
I can't speak for the KFX pulley, but the RRM pulley has a stainless steel sleeve around the hub so it doesn't form a groove over time. This ensures a long life of the pulley.

(No, I'm not a salesman for them, just really like their stuff)

#6 ·
Think about it this way you rather pay double for the same results Or buy one under 75$ and buy a DDM Hid kit plus have gas money left over? The actual price was 150+ including. Shipping for the RRM lightweight. Pulley.shipping for the kfx is 12$ I'm not bashing on rrm. I actually have there pulley in my car. The only reason why I have it because at the time there was no other choices. Until now. I wonder if they can consider matching kfx price. Anyone know how much the RRM sticker cost with shipping? Please let me know I'm curious. -sent from mobile

#9 ·
At least KFX gave the aluminum alloy used to make the pulley...

This pulley was originally made (I believe) for the Hyundai genesis 2.0L engine. It just so happened to be a direct fit for the 2.0L on our cars (found this out over a year ago when I met with RRM). If I remember correctly, one company makes all the pulleys, and they are sold to vendors who stamp their logo on it...

here's another link (this one is sold an "Under-drive", but has the same specs)

OBX Underdrive Crank Pulley 2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0L: eBay Motors (item 200515754239 end time Oct-03-10 18:01:43 PDT)

#36 ·
At least KFX gave the aluminum alloy used to make the pulley...

This pulley was originally made (I believe) for the Hyundai genesis 2.0L engine. It just so happened to be a direct fit for the 2.0L on our cars (found this out over a year ago when I met with RRM). If I remember correctly, one company makes all the pulleys, and they are sold to vendors who stamp their logo on it...

here's another link (this one is sold an "Under-drive", but has the same specs)

OBX Underdrive Crank Pulley 2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0L: eBay Motors (item 200515754239 end time Oct-03-10 18:01:43 PDT)

wondering what you guys think about these?!?!? it has the same specs, but do you think these would work?

#12 ·
#24 ·
Crock have u felt a difference in throttle response and anything else with the lightweight pulley? I'm very serious about getting this from kfx but would like to know from someone who has it for some reviews on it. And did u install it yourself? Easy install? (btw I'm what u call an amateur with performance modding) but I can do it if it doesn't involve anything crazy

#25 · (Edited)
This is just being real honest. The reason why I did this mod was to correct the rpm lag issue and the jerking when changing gears results? Rpm still lag but not as bad as before. Also the jerking of gears has reduced. Was it worth paying 150 something with shipping no. Like I mention earlyer I totally forgot I had it. Installation is easy. The belts tension just has to be pushed up and just slip of the belt. You can see a full installation on the link I provided on a earlier post on this thread that shows RRM lightweight. Pulley they have an installation video althought its a Mitsubishi. Its all the same stuff. Hope that helps

#42 ·
This is just being real honest. The reason why I did this mod was to correct the rpm lag issue and the jerking when changing gears results? Rpm still lag but not as bad as before. Also the jerking of gears has reduced. Was it worth paying 150 something with shipping no. Like I mention earlyer I totally forgot I had it. Installation is easy. The belts tension just has to be pushed up and just slip of the belt. You can see a full installation on the link I provided on a earlier post on this thread that shows RRM lightweight. Pulley they have an installation video althought its a Mitsubishi. Its all the same stuff. Hope that helps
Did you do the popular throttle mod? Wondering if that fixed your lag and jerking problem more than the pulley.

#28 · (Edited)
2 thumbs up its a cheap mod under 100$. Anything is better then stock if it improves performance. I'll give it a 6 out of 10 on overall performance after install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.