Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So finally got the strut bar. pretty fast delivery considering it was coming from the other side of the country! Opened the box, nice heavy sturdy bar....no instructions, none needed!!! loosen up 2 screws, pop it on, tighten 2 screws. i timed myself, it took 7 minutes, and thats with looking for the right size socket!

what you'll need is a 9/16 socket, and an extension only becuase when you put the bolt back on, its a lot easier! heres some pics!

havent tested it out yet, but ill do that tomorrow morning, i know some nice curves and turns im excited to hit up! but for now, it looks sturdy, and it was a breeze to put on. so my hats off to the guys at rrm!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
looks good. i'm interested to hear whether or not it improves anything

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you can tell the diffrence when going around turns, the car doesnt really dip away from the turn. i only took it out around the block a few times, but from what i can tell, it actually handles alot better.

and thats what color it came in robertisin. i thought it was going to be red too, match the car, but silver is still cool. its alot better then those cheap china ones. this is one solid piece, so it wont flex.

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
with shipping it came out to about $160, if this is your daily driver, it sounds expensive, but if you like to take your car out, and drive it like its stolen, then its definitly worth it!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm actually going to the dealer tomorrow and see if they still have the Vibrant strut bar that's on the SXR. I was told i could get it for $150. We will see if I can haggle.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nice, Any plans for the one under the engine? I was reading that is far greater a performance increase due to the fact that there is no support on the underside. But adding both that is ideal. I cant wait till my wife lets me buy some upgrades. I think that will be the 1st thing I will do, are the upper and lower supports and rear sway bar. "performance before aesthetics"

·
Registered
430 Posts
Nice, Any plans for the one under the engine? I was reading that is far greater a performance increase due to the fact that there is no support on the underside. But adding both that is ideal. I cant wait till my wife lets me buy some upgrades. I think that will be the 1st thing I will do, are the upper and lower supports and rear sway bar. "performance before aesthetics"
yeah rrm has the under engine support bar too... im going with both if not all of em.

·
Registered
425 Posts
"performance before aesthetics"
I so agree, it is nice to have a ride dialed in before you start making it pretty. All my cars get money in go before show, my Sentra has 2 broken interior lights and some girl took off the side view mirror. Still not fixed, had to pay for a new exhaust. I plan to get the side view mirror tomorrow to fix, not too worried about the light, I have to get a new intake for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.