Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just ordered the RRM strut bar, i was just wondering if anyone else has this, and what do they think of it. if not, i guess ill be the guinea pig! but any info would be great, thanks guy!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Haven't heard anything about their particular strut bar but, I am very curious myself. Have been thinking about purchasing one. So let us know how it turns out also what kind of shipping time are you looking out. Seen some other branded bars but RRM is a single tube with welds versus bolts.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Guys, I just went to RRM today... it was awesome, Rob the owner is a great guy, and very knowledgable. He took me on a little tour around the shop. they carry all there parts in stock.... so once ordered, its out the door..That place is legit, all there stuff is made in house... I wanna just give him my car for a month or two, but forsure I will be buying all my stuff through them... around my area its hard to find shops like RRM. So when you find one...you put a lot of money aside and say lets have fun with this one. Diver can vouch for how legit RRM is. Now I just need to fine some money.

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered it last night, and I live in NYC. I did the cheapest way to deliver it because I'm in no rush, so let's see how long it takes to get here. And they better send me some stickers too!!! lol

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
status update: processing.... send the damn thing out already!!! i need those stickers so i can go faster! hurry hurry hurry, i have ADD i cant wait much longer! lol

·
Registered
306 Posts
Let me Know if it makes a difference and how it works, i've been debating whether to get it or not, but I wasn't sure if it's worth it and I'm scared to void my warranty :/

·
Registered
346 Posts
I had the RRM bar in my Hyundai Elantra GT and I did notice a difference. It seemed to make the steering a little more precise. As far as handling you only notice it at the limit.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
haha, it's only using one bolt on each strut... and I bet it's still using factory bolts too!... more like under-engineered...

If you're going to distribute load and prevent chassis flex, you need a larger surface area to distribute the load on to. The tiny factory bolt would eventually sheer under stress.

and that's assuming that you race and make lots of tight corners. But if it's just a daily driver, then it's more of a cosmetic thing...

·
Registered
430 Posts
haha, it's only using one bolt on each strut... and I bet it's still using factory bolts too!... more like under-engineered...

If you're going to distribute load and prevent chassis flex, you need a larger surface area to distribute the load on to. The tiny factory bolt would eventually sheer under stress.

and that's assuming that you race and make lots of tight corners. But if it's just a daily driver, then it's more of a cosmetic thing...
WRONG...all wrong. if you buy one of those POS china ones...with your larger surface area.... put it on your ride...then stand in the front of the car and push down.... I bet you it bends... I bet you... Road Race's wont bend... Its strong as hell they make em in house... Anthonydv drive down to the meet this 30th ill be there and diver im sure. you can see what I mean... cuz im getting mine installed that day.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
ERICK!!!

Long time no talk! How are you?!?! How was the last car meet??

I completely agree with you, anything from china is usually crap. But my argument wasn't about products from china. Nor was I arguing that the bar RRM made was weak, I'm pretty sure it's strong. My argument was that the normal stresses across the bar are not evenly distributed w/this design. This one-bolt thing is crap. Here is an example of a well-designed strut bar: This is an OEM strut bar that comes in the 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour. As you can see, the load is not distributed at a single point but rather 3 points over a general area.

ps: (None of these pictures are aftermarket strut bars, they come like this when you buy the car).

Another OEM one from a 2010 BMW M3

OEM Nisan 350z strut bar

2010 Acura TSX OEM strut bar

Mazda RX-8 (OEM)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Anthony, I'm gonna have to disagree about the RRM bar being crap. I had the RRM bar for 6 years on my car. I don't think it matters how many attaching points you have. It's about strength and rigidity. Other bars out there may look prettier and attach with 2 or 3 bolts but there are often two problems... One, many designs feature three separate pieces with a hinge and two, many of the bars are hollow aluminum. The only way a strut bar really works is that it prevents body flex. There's a lot of force going on in the car. The RRM bar being one solid piece works better preventing flex.

Here it is in my old Elantra GT:

Adding the bar to my car gave me sharper steering and tightened up cornering at the limit.

Anthony, the bars you show all do look like quality; unfortunately bars like those are simply not available for the Forte. Of the ones that are, the RRM bar is best.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts