Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found this chip online and i am confused on how a 69 dollar chip is going to add up to 50 HP and 50 TQ? if something like this were to add that much, then i would easily do this over a turbo kit or something of that nature. so, right now i am sceptical but if someone can confirm or explain why and how this can actually give this sort of boost, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

Kia Forte Koup Performance Chips - Ready to Ship!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I would be very skeptical too, I would ask them for some dyno results.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, i sent them an email asking for a dyno test results. i wonder if they'll reply with one. i'll post it on here if they do

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Gimmick, scam. Lol did a google search on it and many car forums ask the exact same question for many years.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha well *fail* on the car chip. i was wondering how the heck a chip could do that. ive seen ads for chips that add up to 10 hp but not 50! are there actually decent chips out there that offer a gain? if so, what brands? im just kinda curious as to if i would want to do that.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
are there actually decent chips out there that offer a gain? if so, what brands? im just kinda curious as to if i would want to do that.
So far.......... NO!!!
I think that TurboKit may come with something first as they will have to do some engine managment with their turbo setup.
So you'll have to do like all of us......... sit down and wait!!!:(

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm a little late on this thread, but in regards to the RS4, GForce, etc chips, they are a complete scam. Saw many reviews reporting 15 to 20 HP drops and worse fuel Economy. Plus, with the GForce chip on the Koup, I know someone who got one, and they lost noticeable power.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
If I could get 50HP for 70 bucks it'd be amazing. But they just don't work.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
These chips do add 50 HP and 50 lbs-ft of torque!!!

^^^See...I just did it!

Adds 50 HP and 50 lbs-ft of torque.

^^^See, I just did it again!

Adds 50 HP and 50 lbs-ft of torque.

^^^...just did it again.

See how easy it is for these chips to add HP and TQ...LOL!!!!

...too bad they don't do the same for the car...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts