Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, has anyone else been seeing tiny rust spots on their new car? My white Kia Forte Koup 2010 has tiny rust spots all over the body of the vehicle...including inside of the door and trunk panels....all over...this is not rock chips as my Kia dealer explains to me...

This is the first car in my life that has done this. Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then this is a really shitty paint job of thats the case...and how do rocks chip the paint on the inside door panels along the bottoms and sides??? I've owned many white cars and this has never happened on any of them...

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
If the rust is coming from behind the paint, it means the metal was not clean when they sprayed it and would therefore be a manufacturers warranty claim.

Is this also happening on the roof of the car? If it is not, I would instead argue that someone didn't wash all the salt off last winter and it was allowed to sit. The sheet metal is thin and the paint is horrible and cheap, which I propose is more apt to integrity loss and oxidation.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
More likely it's rail dust that's starting to rust.

I would suggest you double wash the car using the two bucket system. Then use a nice clay bar set, that should get the paint nice and smooth. Follow up with another wash, sealer and wax.

·
Registered
350 Posts
i have the same problem, it sucks. can the dealer do anything? i had the simoniz treatment too, idk if that means anything..

·
Registered
641 Posts
I would also suspect rail dust to begin with. Take a clay bar to it and see if that clears it up. If not, pursue that as a paint warranty.

·
Registered
350 Posts
plus my front and rear bumper seem to have faded, already! they look a lot more dull than the doors and quarter panels do. im pretty upset about that! i didnt buy a new car to worry about rust and fade just 1 year later!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
hey guys just to reiterate on the paint i just wash/wax mine today spent like fragun 3 hrs on it and it is safe to say this paint is below quality. I have been paying attention to the paint and its literally 1 coat and maybe a clear, but i doubt there is a clear at all on there but whatever i will drive my car til it dies

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
plus my front and rear bumper seem to have faded, already! they look a lot more dull than the doors and quarter panels do. im pretty upset about that! i didnt buy a new car to worry about rust and fade just 1 year later!!
my rear bumper paint has faded as well but tried to take it in and they denied me because i was over the paint warranty. bunch of bullocks if you ask me. never kia again. ive been in contact with a guy at a hyundai dealer and if i can get enough for my koup, i plan on trading it in on its 2nd birthday. very sad and very frustrating

·
Registered
350 Posts
get a genisis coupe.. they are so sick when fitted with nice wheels and slammed. i may just do the same thing man. cause im sick of this paint and sick of the lack of aftermarket.

·
Registered
350 Posts
my rear bumper paint has faded as well but tried to take it in and they denied me because i was over the paint warranty. bunch of bullocks if you ask me. never kia again. ive been in contact with a guy at a hyundai dealer and if i can get enough for my koup, i plan on trading it in on its 2nd birthday. very sad and very frustrating
oh and, does your koup have the rock chip problem too? where it looks like tiny rust spots?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I noticed rust near my rear license plate holder. The passenger-side bolt keeping the plate on the car is completely rusted (the driver side one looks brand new)...? and about 3 inches higher on the rear of the trunk, there's a tiny rust spot forming. Going to have them take a look next time Im in.

Any ideas why 1 of the 2 bolts is completely rusted?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Go to two different professional bodyshops, have them look at it and ask for a written letter stating their opinion. Then take it to your dealer and if no results..take them to court.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
get a genisis coupe.. they are so sick when fitted with nice wheels and slammed. i may just do the same thing man. cause im sick of this paint and sick of the lack of aftermarket.
thats exactly what im going to do.

oh and, does your koup have the rock chip problem too? where it looks like tiny rust spots?
i havent noticed any rust rust spots but the paint chips like no other. all over the front bumper and couple on the hood.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have little rust spots on the sides of my car - I think they were caused by rock chips but I've never really had that issue with other cars.

Guess our paint is really crappy like everyone says. Do I smell class action?

·
Registered
350 Posts
im coming from a 97 jetta which was slammed and i didnt haved this problem, just a little problem with small rock chips.

i didnt pay 17k to downgrade my paint.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts