Kia Forte Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
It,s likely industrial fallout. Little specks of steel floating around in the air near industrial places. Those specks sit on the fresh clear and kinda etches itself in the clear, which doesn't fully cure for a couple of months. Over time water and oxidization turn the specs to rust. If you get at it soon enough, a professional detailer can fix it right up. If its been there for a while, then it will probably need to be cut and buffed to get it out.

Be careful rubbing the paint on these Kias. Its about a third of the thickness of a regular car. One of the ways KIA cuts corners to keep the price down

·
Registered
641 Posts
The dealer I got my koup from installed a DK9000 oxidization module and gave me a 10 year warranty with it with the car and said even if 7 or how many years down the road, there is rust showing, it will be covered, and for the fading of the paint (not chips) I got this paint protection, again from diamond cote, that protects from swirl marks, acid rain, leaves, tree sap, other shit... and will not fade, 5 year garuantee on that one! And I got 7 year rim and tires warranty any rims and tires, stock, low pro, aftermarket, winter, wat ev, any dents, bends, cracks, blow outs or breaks, will be fixed up to $500 a single time. All that was an extra $1000 I do believe, seemed to be worth it to me! Didn't make a whole lot of difference to my monthly bill!
You do realize that you just bought a coat of wax for $1000 right?

·
Registered
103 Posts
i have had a black 2010 koup for almost twelve months and 11000klm now and i have seen none of the problems you guys have,gotten a few stone chips here and there but that is to be expected on our shitty roads here in oz.
I have found the paint quality of kias to be no better or worse than most of the other major manufacturers, including mazda(i have owned two previous mazdas) maybe a bad batch in north america?

·
Registered
5 Posts
You do realize that you just bought a coat of wax for $1000 right?
While Diamond Coat does make waxes, sealers, and undercoats, the module is FAR from a coat of wax......

Diamond·Kote Gold - DK 9000 Corrosion Control Module

Vehicle corrosion is an electrochemical process involving the deterioration of steel because of its reaction with the environment.
The DK9000 Corrosion Management System combines electronically controlled pulse-impressed current and sacrificial anode technology to control the increased flow of electrons away from steel.

They use the same sort of devices on military ships, bridges, etc....

·
Registered
5 Posts
im still gonna say fuck kia. it doesnt matter how many companies have this problem.

Ahhh, but look at the companies that have those problems. They are generally more inexpensive brands. My wife and I bought our Koup because it was cheap, has Asian mechanical reliability, killer MPGs and looked pretty damn cool for a cheap car. Sure, the interior is mostly plastic, and the paint isn't the best. But, if I wanted a luxurious interior and top-notch paint, I would have ponied up for a Mercedes or something.

This is one of those deals where you get what you pay for, I'm afraid. It may or may not be fair, but in a way, it's expected. At least by me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
While Diamond Coat does make waxes, sealers, and undercoats, the module is FAR from a coat of wax......

They use the same sort of devices on military ships, bridges, etc....
Thanks for backing me up there, this is so true, and regardless the opinions, anything happens to it, it's taken care of! I'm worry free in this catagory!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.