Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All~! First thing to say....IM SO EXCITED TO JOIN THE KOUP FAMILY! XD

Just ordered my blue Koup SX today and waiting for delivery...

Did any of you guys rustproof your Koup? Still wondering if it should worry about it or not...planning to keep it for like 5-8 yrs...:confused:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also have a blue Koup SX :cool: and was wondering the exact same thing. I also plan to keep this car for a long period of time so rustproofing is definitely on my mind!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha yes KouEB, I want to keep the car as long as possible too! love KOUP!

the dealer was trying to sell me those electrical rust module thingy but after i did some research about it seems like it is useless.

Seems like most of the people use Krown for rustproof service...which one did you use?

·
Registered
587 Posts
TOTAL CARE OWNERSHIP COVERAGE

Our outstanding coverage includes:

5-year/100,000 km - Worry-free comprehensive warranty covering virtually the entire vehicle.*
5-year/100,000 km - Powertrain Warranty covering the engine, transmission, axles, differentials and driveshafts.*
5-year/100,000 km - Roadside Assistance covers you in case of mechanical breakdown anywhere in North America.
1-year/20,000 km - First-year adjustments covering consumable items such as bulbs, wiper blades, fuses, brake pads, etc.*
8-year/130,000 km - Major Emission Components that guarantee that the car will conform with government emission regulations.*
5-year/unlimited km - Anti-Perforation warranty on body sheet metal defects in material/workmanship.*
Kia completes the "peace-of-mind" coverage with a national dealer network. So wherever you need us - from Whitehorse to Windsor and from Victoria to St. John's - we'll be there.

* Some restrictions apply. For more information on our 5-5-5 Total Care Ownership Coverage, call us at 1-877-542-2886.

For additional peace of mind, check out the bolded portion of the warranty page of Kia Canada :)

Cheers

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I got a rustproofing package from Kia that covered the interior, exterior, and undercoat. $800 with a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I got the leather protection and the lifetime Electronic rust proof module for free :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The electronic rust proof module sounds amazing!! but I did some research on google and ppl explained that it wouldn't reall work on cars...cuz car is not like ship which is always inside water...the electric current wouldn't be able to float through the whole car ...I still wonder if it would work or not...because it sounds more environmental friendly

·
Registered
298 Posts
The fact that if your cars does rust they paint it for free!!

My wife has this on her car and it started to rust and they painted free of charge. So in the end you don't really lose, Plus you can talk it off and use it on any new car you will buy in the future with the same warranty

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
As an aside....

I unbolted my back seat today and found that the two rear anchor bolt holes go all the way through to the outside ! Very interesting :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just to fill you in on the benfits of rust and the electronic version. Rust and underbody are important on any vehicle if done correctly. Rust prooofing is the amber coloured spray that goes on the interior of the doors, trunk, hood, fender, or anywhere else where water may sit it penetrates seems and crevices where rust begins. Since the inside of your panels are not painted, they are not sealed, and therefore are subject to rust.

Kia Canadas waranty covers Anti-Perforation. Meaning you would have to have rusting occuring from the inside out AND it would have to perforate (create a hole).

Rust and underbody are designed to add longevity to your vehicle. Underbody also creates a sound barrier and dampens vibrations.

As for that electronic module I personally dont think it works but thats just my personal opinion because with 20,000 joints in the car the current cant possibly run everywhere evenly.

Cheers,
SOUL4U

·
Registered
14 Posts
So, rust proofing is likely necessary for canadian owners?

I did not take any rust proof package from the dealer when I bought the car. I thought they just rip off, and I thought the cars these days come out with a good body conditions so no extra rust proof would be needed.

As I want to keep this car for a long period of time, maybe I have to do this...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I just picked up my new sx and have the dealer to do what they call the Diamond Protection. Here in Canada it's a must as every major city uses salt to control ice on the roads in the winter time.

Best to do it and be safe

·
Registered
284 Posts
Krown Rust Proof Hamilton Ontario (with drilled holes)

90.00 cash.

PM me if you want contact info.
(no I dont get any kick backs or cash back)

-Forte333

·
Registered
147 Posts
Also KROWN Lakeshore in Mississauga...

Where I got mine done, nice guys, EXCELLENT prices!!!!

Pm for more info if needed....

·
Registered
93 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts