Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my new Kia Forte Koup a few months ago, and with winter soon approaching I have to decide on what type of rustproofing to do and where.

I don't like METROPOLITAIN because I find it SMELLS way longer than a few weeks (more like several months), and frankly the quick in and out assembly line process has you out of there pretty fast, but it's preformed with NO CARE by young "dudes" who look like they've done the same repetitive job so many times that they are daydreaming. Last time I went they drilled holes, left jagged edges, steel shavings on rocker panel and carpet, plugs popped off a few days later and car REEKED of oil for months.

I've narrowed it down to KROWN (seams to have good rep in rest of Canada), and BARRY'S on Jean Talon.

Anyone out there in Montreal have any experience with either? Anyone else I should know about?

·
Registered
5 Posts
A product called Corrosion Free works really well. You can get it done at Canadian Tire. I just got mine done today and the car has no over spray on it whatsoever. I guess the quality of work definitely varies depending on which location you go to but the product itself works exceptionally well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks for the quick replies...just bought the two Fortes 6 and 3 three months ago (four door EX and two door Koup) and I'm glad to find fellow owners who care enough to help out :)

Sorry, but my written French is not as good as my spoken French, so I'll have to reply in English...but I can still read the French posts and replies.

I'll look into all suggestions and post my results...I should be rustproofing the Koup next week since my wife wants to see if it "smells" (terribly sensitive nose, smells cause her headaches).

Yes...UNFORTUNATELY it's time to "winterize" already, or at least beat the rush and the "shortages" of decent winter tires once the air gets chilly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I work at CT and I've had many cars done with corrosion free, including my new Forte5. It smelled for a couple days and then went away, but it's drip free and does a good job. Ballpark price in the Ottawa area is 129$ for a complete job. make sure when you book your appointment you ask for the guy that normally does the undercoating, you don't want the new guy that's only got a few cars under his belt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts