Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been wanting to do this mod now for awhile. But had some questions before I started. Most sites offer Bi-xenon projectors. but they are all for H1, not for H11. I already have Hids but I really want projectors. My Question is: can my H11 bulbs fit in the bi-xenon or is that completely different. I know the Bi stands for Hi-low beam but since the forte has H1's and H11's does that mean I have to buy 4. Or is there a way to switch the H1's with the H11's so that I can have Bi-xenon.

Also my car in US and does not have DRL's. Any info please help. maybe bigE knows.

·
Registered
519 Posts
i wondered the same thing because i would like to do a retrofit and put angel eyes where the hi beams once were like BMWs

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I spoke with the retrofitsource last week. and they said the easiest way to get projectors would be to buy the.

Mini H1 projectors (120.00 including shrouds), then you have to bake the headlight, and the only modification you do to the headlight is widen the bulb opening of the low beams a few millimeters. This will make the Mini H1 projectors fit perfectly and they won't need much alignment.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Here's the email:

Hi noodile,
The adapters are already designed, we're just getting to the production stage of this project now - so it will be another few weeks to a month until they're ready. Technically though you don't need the special adapter plates to do a retrofit with the Mini H1's - I estimate that probably 50% of the Mini H1 retrofits that are already out there have been done in housings without the use of adapters at all. If eye-balling the alignment doesn't work out right the first time, you'll just need to loosen the lock-nut once or twice to adjust/rotate the projector a bit, then re-tighten it. The only thing the adapter does is make sure the alignment is perfect the first time without readjustment.

You can see an example here:
Mini H1 on 8th Gen Civic

and the Recommended Install procedure without adapters:
How to: Morimoto Mini H1 Bi-xenon Projector Retrofit

The H11 socket is justtt barely too small in diameter, so you will have to widen that up by a couple mm to make it work with the Mini H1's - but overall the install should be quite easy (and turn out really nicely, just like the one you linked me over to)

If there are any other questions or if you would like some personalized assistance making an order, feel free to ask and we'll be happy to help. You can simply reply to this email, or give us a call at 614-653-3451.

Thanks again noodile

Matt @ TRS

On 1/29/2011 4:11 PM, Noodile wrote:

Technical
Quick inquiry.
I have a Kia Forte Koup, and i was thinking of retrofitting Mini H1 projectors in it. Now i understand that in some applications H1 projectors are plug and play, (for example h4/h7), is it possible to retrofit it in an H11 bulb socket with no modification? If not, will using a dremel to widen the socket work?

here's what i want mine to look like.

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/k...nics/3864-projector-retrofit-3.html#post56474

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/koup-audio-video-electronics/3864-projector-retrofit.html.

Thanks in advance,

Ramy

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
ANd incase you didn't really get what i meant, what happens is, the Mini H1 projectors screws into your H11 bulb opening, and then you get 2 wires from your projectors to hook up to the highbeams. That way when you're driving you're driving on low beams, and when you apply high beams, you projectors become highbeams, and you Factory highbeams turn on (quad highbeams)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts