Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just got a samsung Focus yesterday and am pretty happy with it. I got the blue tooth paired with the Forte and used the usb input to try to listen to music from the phone I radio just says it is reading usb and won't connect. Any suggestions? I would like to be able to use the radio controls to navigate and control the phone like the ipod.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I believe your phone needs to be in usb drive mode. I am not sure though as my android is picked up right away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got the same phone (Samsung Focus, Windows Phone 7), replacing a Blackberry Bold 9000 which worked flawlessly with BT.

My new phone paired fine with 2010 Forte, but when I try to place a call using the Forte voice prompting it seems like everything is fine until I say "Yes", then the BT system says "dialing" and hangs at the Active Call mode without ever dialing. My phone does not show an active call. I just sit there in silence until I cancel the phantom "call" by pressing the BT on hook button.

Otherwise, I can dial from the handset itself and it works fine. I can also receive calls without a problem.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Guys -

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but..... I had to turn in my brand-new Samsung Infinity (Verizon) and get an LG Cosmos in its place. Apparently Samsung does NOT fully implement the Bluetooth standard in its cellphones. I even took my original Samsung Intensity BACK to the Verizon store, and had them give me their STORE Samsung Intensity to try. Sure enough.... THAT one would NOT reliably pair with the Forte Bluetooth, EITHER! That was enough proof for me, so I turned in the Samsung Intensity, and bought an LG Cosmos instead (almost IDENTICAL in looks and features). I don't have any problems with my LG Cosmos.

Try to get one of your friends that has an LG or Motorola cellphone to pair it up in your Forte. I will bet that there won't be ANY problems with operating it via the Bluetooth.

I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Hey I just got a samsung Focus yesterday and am pretty happy with it. I got the blue tooth paired with the Forte and used the usb input to try to listen to music from the phone I radio just says it is reading usb and won't connect. Any suggestions? I would like to be able to use the radio controls to navigate and control the phone like the ipod.
I also tried using the USB connection with my HTC HD7 Windows phone and it didn't work. If you wanna listen to your music you'll need to use a dual sided 3.5mm jack (one to the phone and one to the car). The problem with this though is the controls on the vehicle can't control the music on the phone.

I decided it was too much of a hassle to pick up my phone, unlock it, and scroll through my music. I went back to just using my little 2 gig iPod. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Windows Phone 7 doesn't let you use the phone as a usb storage device, and the Forte would have no way of navigating through the folder structure. Even if you plug the device into your PC, you will not be able to see folder structures and can only access the phone storage through the Zune software.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.