Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how long you get the ser/xm sat radio for free when you buy a new car? Just need to know when i need to re sign up for it

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
3 months.
Don't worry, they won't let you forget, you'll get mail and phone calls.
The longer you wait, the better the deal you will get.
I signed back up for $6/month.

·
Registered
524 Posts
3 months.
Don't worry, they won't let you forget, you'll get mail and phone calls.
The longer you wait, the better the deal you will get.
I signed back up for $6/month.
Yep.. I got 12 phone calls until I said yes at 3 bux a month for a year lol

·
Registered
274 Posts
WHAT? Oh my gosh. That's insane. My car was used (hardly) and the sat was still on when I bought it...the paperwork says it was supposed to be turned off in Aug of 2010. I bought the car in Jan 2011 and it was still on. It turned off in early May. I have a feeling the reciever is still registered in the other guys name. Should I call them and have them switch it to my name and number and then maybe they'll keep calling me so I can bargain with them?

·
Registered
524 Posts
they just want money. the prob with satellite radio is most people only listen to pop/ rap on FM (Free) radio so Sirius has no market for them. the customers they do have they want some kind of money from them in their pockets at the end of the day. I would call them just to say that you bought the car and should be changed to your registration info, but your considering financial problems and you can't re-up with them today. they'll make a note on every customer that expresses any kind of interest in their service, and add you to a weekly calling list.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I let mine expire and got a year at $6/Mo as well. You will start getting emails about 6 weeks before it expires.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
WHAT? Oh my gosh. That's insane. My car was used (hardly) and the sat was still on when I bought it...the paperwork says it was supposed to be turned off in Aug of 2010. I bought the car in Jan 2011 and it was still on. It turned off in early May. I have a feeling the reciever is still registered in the other guys name. Should I call them and have them switch it to my name and number and then maybe they'll keep calling me so I can bargain with them?
Just call Sirius and tell them you have a car that can get Sirius, but you aren't sure you like it. Then press them hard for deals.

I just got 1 yr for $72 on my Chrysler and another year on my truck for $45......and I expect to score a year on this KIA for $45 when it's time...owe they love when you pay a year in advance.

·
Registered
139 Posts
they had a 5420 deal l month or so ago, i got it 2 weeks before my other activation expired and got 5 more months for $20 :) I doubt ill renew again tho, gets repetative after a while

·
Registered
204 Posts
I bought my 2011 Forte in Nov 2010 and as of today (6/13/2011) Im still getting it for free? I always expect it to cut off any day now but its still alive and kicking! ha. I dont listen to it much tho, But the ESPN stations are nice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts