Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I will get my Forte Sedan tomorrow (hope so) and I want to know if the satellite radio is any good. It will be my first time with a satellite radio (my Scion xB RS 3.0 have the option, but not available in Puerto Rico @ the time of purchaes and got %#$# up). Any tips?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the fast replies!!!! Now I have some info of the service, really appreciated!! I will post my little experience tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Not sure how it is in your area but radio stations where I am are not all that good. A tip for you though is if you do find you like it. Suffer without it for a month once your 3 months runs up. they will send you letters for discounts to continue. I held out for a month and got a letter for 4.99 a month for 6 months. thats 60% off GL!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks beast!! I will, 'cause all the things I have seen here, I know that it will be a blast!!

PharaohKoup, thats an great tip, thank you!! When I did my test drive I was listening the satelitte radio and was good. But ur tip is darn great.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Had my Koup for a month and Sirious reception is awesome in the highways of Puerto Rico. Now, if you drive in mountain roads, reception gets bad. I just love to listen to music without ads, but the best of it is the sports channels. I can hear NFL network radio all the time and you don't get many NFL news here in PR.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I love it. I get bored of my iPod every now and then so I'll listen to the radio but I can't stand commercials. Reception is always good for me, no commercials and I'm only paying 5 bucks a month, not bad.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Satellite is awesome! Commercial free, dumb-chit-chat free, just music and the occasional jabber by a DJ to fill time.

I drove from Toronto to Montreal locked on Channel 36 (The Beat) for 6 hours...not a single commercial, perfect reception, and remixes that are exclusive to Sirius.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Been with Sirius for about 4 years. This was my first car with it built in. No complains. I pay by the year so it works out to 3 months free. Only issue is you need line of sight to the sky in most places (unless your in T.O, Ottawa or Montreal, possibly others). They have terrestrial AE setup so if your under and overpass or in a tunnel you can still get reception (at least in Montreal I do :D)

Good luck and enjoy the Satellite radio and the new Forte!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Gotta check out the Jason Ellis show on Faction, channel 28!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The satellite radio is awesome. I got my SX Sedan on monday and the radio is great. BTW, Kenny C, thanx for the tip of the Faction channel, the best!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Not every channel on Sirius is commercial free. I mainly listen to the comedy channels and there are plenty of commercials, mostly for GEICO and penis pills.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sirius is great.

I can't wait to have it activated in my SX...

..but that will be when the dealership finally figures out why IT'S NOT WORKING.

"ACQUIRING SIGNAL" is all the screen shows and we can't activate the radio. They replaced the headunit with another one, updated it and it still doesnt work. An hour and a half lost at the dealership (45min of waiting cuz they can't follow a schedule and 45min of actual work on the car)

So either the antenna or the wiring is faulty. I'm bringing them the car on wednesday.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I am just wondering, but when does the satellite service starts counting? Is it from the moment you turn on the radio or does the dealer have to activate the service?

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I'm enjoying the beginning of my 6th month of my 3 free months! :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts