Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
hrmm...maybe this is the answer to my problem. It'll be hard to find a out-of-way place to put it. Maybe to the left of the steering wheel

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
If you have an iPhone and have it mounted somewhere already then just get the OT-2 ODB-II scanner with the iPhone app.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Can you clear code whit that app.????
Scanner Screenshots http://www.ot-2.com/img/odb/2.jpghttp://www.ot-2.com/img/odb/3.jpg
Does your check engine light come on regularly? The OT-2 device is a powerful OBDII scan tool. Wirelessly scan your vehicle for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), view and clear in seconds! Quickly diagnose simple problems and save money on costly diagnosis and repairs. The OT-2 also performs "Emission Tests Status" checks to let you know if you're vehicle is ready to get smog tested.
Here is a clip from thier website.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Wondering if anyone has one. I was thinking of picking up one to make up for the lack of coolant temp, mpg, etc. display.

ScanGaugeII - Scan Tool + Digital Gauges + Trip Computers

I have one. Bought it before I bought the Koup but I have plugged it into the Koup just to see if it worked.

As for mounting it, I haven't done so but I was holding it in different spots and it would be excellent if you stuck the back of it to the protruding ridge just below the speedometer with 3M tape. Very visible.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use the Scangauge II on my truck, lots of features including some bizarre programming options such as a real time horse power estimator. Not sure how accurate that really is :) It is worth the money. I thought about using it with my Forte but I was unhappy with finding a nice location in plain site and not obstructing other gauges. Hell, in my Dodge Ram I struggled to find a nice location with its large cabin. The unit uses a CAT5 (I think) connector, so even thought the display is small, you will have a cable sicking out the side or back about an extra 1/2 inch.

If any features do not work (i.e. MPG) contact the manufacturer directly, they bend over backwards to help you out, really impressive service.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have the old origional scan gage, havent hooked it up the the Forte yet. Its just a box, so I always just velcroed it to the top drivers corner of the dash. I think the caps are going bad on mine though. In the summer it dies until the inside of the car gets cool.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Not on an EX :(

I'm looking into getting a cheap ipod touch just for this app. It'll sure be handy to have the temp gauge along with all the other goodies
damn dude, i just shipped out my Ipod touch 16G i sold on craigslist. had it for sale for 100 dollars and it was in really good shape. i have my moto droid so no need for an mp3 player so i sold it. first time i looked at this thread :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts