Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with not even 2,000 miles on her and not even paid my first payment I get this...
down to the metal scratch. Bodyshop or paint touch up pen from dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well the body shop wants 850 something dollars for scratch

·
Super Moderator
279 Posts
Yeah bodyshop prices are ridiculous. That's a pretty big job for a touchup pen. If you get the kind with the nailpolish style brush, you should be able to do a good job covering it up. Also, you can get really fancy and do the whole wet sanding with a fine grit then clearcoating, etc, etc to make it look really good. That kinda work isn't my forte, so I can't really walk you thru the process, but there's 5 million how-tos on the web.

You might want to act fast though; bare metal doesn't take long to rust.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah bodyshop prices are ridiculous. That's a pretty big job for a touchup pen. If you get the kind with the nailpolish style brush, you should be able to do a good job covering it up. Also, you can get really fancy and do the whole wet sanding with a fine grit then clearcoating, etc, etc to make it look really good. That kinda work isn't my forte, so I can't really walk you thru the process, but there's 5 million how-tos on the web.

You might want to act fast though; bare metal doesn't take long to rust.
I already got a touch up pen and applied it. I also found a little kit. Has fine grit sandpaper some sort of compound and polish . I also grabbed a bit of clear coat. The touch up has to sit a week

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have you seen the Dr. Colorchip kit, I know its for chips but it might help fill that nasty scratch up. How did it happen?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts