Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a faster way to scroll through the artists/albums/etc on my iPod? I'm gonna wear out that stereo knob in no time!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
^ cat folder v

button. changes folders/artist/album

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I mean once I am in Artist, it is a huge pain to scroll through hundreds of artists to get to the one I want.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
My Gf plugs her Ipod in with the auxiliary cord.
She seems to like it better then the way it works with usb. Hope this helps.
I understand what your saying, but it defeats the purpose of using the head units controls. I have about 4200 songs and unknown amount of artists, I shouldn't have to start at A or Z to get to M. Remember, the whole ipod connectivity is a big selling point on these cars...right up there with bluetooth.

Hopefully, KIA will update the headunit somehow so using the ipod with the units audio controls will be more practical. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Agree with everything in this thread.

I've resorted to just making playlists. And with the new iPhone update I can make playlists from the phone itself in a matter of seconds. Works good enough.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Agree with everything in this thread.

I've resorted to just making playlists. And with the new iPhone update I can make playlists from the phone itself in a matter of seconds. Works good enough.
same here with 10000+ songs i find it easier to make playlists as well

·
Registered
973 Posts
My Gf plugs her Ipod in with the auxiliary cord.
She seems to like it better then the way it works with usb. Hope this helps.
i didnt feel like buying the kia cable so I just my old monster cable also. only thing I'm kind of missing are the steering wheel controls lol
I feel like I can hold on the 40 bucks just for steering wheel control of the ipod I rarely listen to, because satellite is just so much more fun
lol

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Alright, I'll share my secret. I don't have that many songs on my iPod so I don't do this and don't mind scrolling through each one by one. But if you want to...

Plug the iPod in to the USB port and the iPod itself. On the iPod screen it should have the KIA logo on it. Barely unplug the end that connects into the iPod but leave it plugged if that makes sense. The iPod at this point should be still connected to the vehicle but it will now no longer have the KIA logo on it and you can use the iPod itself to scroll through your artists, songs, playlists, etc.

You can use the steering wheel controls by doing this but it will not show the correct artist and song on the vehicle head unit. Let me know if this works for you.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright, I'll share my secret. I don't have that many songs on my iPod so I don't do this and don't mind scrolling through each one by one. But if you want to...

Plug the iPod in to the USB port and the iPod itself. On the iPod screen it should have the KIA logo on it. Barely unplug the end that connects into the iPod but leave it plugged if that makes sense. The iPod at this point should be still connected to the vehicle but it will now no longer have the KIA logo on it and you can use the iPod itself to scroll through your artists, songs, playlists, etc.

You can use the steering wheel controls by doing this but it will not show the correct artist and song on the vehicle head unit. Let me know if this works for you.
If I wanted to do this I could just unplug the iPod, go to the song I want, and then plug it in.

Not really the solution I was looking for. I was hoping there was just some weird unintuitive controls that I wasn't aware of.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I know D113 has been in contact with his contact Kia Canada about having some programming done to the radio to have the number buttons work with the ipod, like #1 A-C #2 C-F or something like that.

·
Registered
165 Posts
or if when you're scrolling through artists or songs when you press the ^ button on your steering wheel it goes to the next letter, so say i start scrolling through and i want to get to F i start scrolling and hit ^ (b) ^ (c) ^ (d) ^ (e) ^ (f) and then i use the knob to scroll to the specific song

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any new info on KIA updating the head unit? The idea of using the preset buttons to jump through the alphabet sounds like a great idea.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree, I hate when I start scrolling and I get the "transfer complete" msg and have to start over aarrrgh!!! :mad:
I didn't notice this post before. For the record, this is not my experience at all. If the dreaded "transfer complete" message interrupts my scrolling, my car does remember where I left off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts