Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for good seat covers for my ex koupe any body buy any and how do they fit thinking of black leatherette. I guess you can get them made for the car any ideas

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just make sure they are the kind that will tear apart if the air bags deploy. I bought mine and hadn't thought of that. I guess if I was to be involved in a accident it could cause more injury than keep me safe. Just wanted to throw that info out to you before you did what I did and buy some...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yes Sir.......I knew we had airbags but I didn't think the seat covers I had would hinder deployment in any way. Never gave it a second thought honestly. It wasn't until I went for my first oil change @1600 miles that the tech at Kia told my fiance about it. Then I looked it up on the internet and yea there is a much higher risk for injury if the right covers aren't installed.

·
Registered
196 Posts
There are lots of seat covers that say they are designed for the air bags. I tried 2 sets already and they didn't fit so I returned them. I don't recall the brands but they were from local auto parts stores. It seems the seat back on the Koup is a bit taller than normal seats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.