Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While we do have great seats, we don't have any seat rake adjustment [just up and down, forward and back] and I wanted just an bit more of rake [incline] in my drivers seat [to raise my my legs up a bit and not feel so 'flat'] so I went to Home Depot bought two bags of washers and removed the two front bolts holding down the drivers side seat and added a few washers under the seat - raised it about 3/4 inch. Put the bolts back- took it for a drive....muuuuuuuuuch better. Best of all - it's a reversable mod.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
While we do have great seats, we don't have any seat rake adjustment [just up and down, forward and back] and I wanted just an bit more of rake [incline] in my drivers seat [to raise my my legs up a bit and not feel so 'flat'] so I went to Home Depot bought two bags of washers and removed the two front bolts holding down the drivers side seat and added a few washers under the seat - raised it about 3/4 inch. Put the bolts back- took it for a drive....muuuuuuuuuch better. Best of all - it's a reversable mod.
Good idea...wish you could do the opposite -- reduce the height of the rear seat mounts. They rest on floor "bulges" but there's no way of cutting them down short of using a torch...LoL Would give a lot more head room -- in the Koup SX anyway!!!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Good idea...wish you could do the opposite -- reduce the height of the rear seat mounts. They rest on floor "bulges" but there's no way of cutting them down short of using a torch...LoL Would give a lot more head room -- in the Koup SX anyway!!!

i am thinking- if you raise your front end- that should help your back end drop a lil - -- might be worth giving it a shot to see .....?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
i am thinking- if you raise your front end- that should help your back end drop a lil - -- might be worth giving it a shot to see .....?

I've gone as far as removing the seat to see what I could do to lower it a bit. Your theory makes sense -- but -- the aft bolts are further back then your derrier so if you raise the front you raise your derrier a little too:eek:...LoL!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.