Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a way to disable the seatbelt reminder alarm?

I know, I know... put your seatbelt on. But, is there a way, it is ANNOYING!!!

Thanks.:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I totally agree! There should be a way to disable it, it gets very old very fast! I've been wanting to find a Kia in the junk yard and cut the seat belt and get the the metal piece. I don't have a seat belt on my sport bike and I go a lot faster and wilder on it!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
wow- as a survivor of a fatal crash .... 90 mph rear ender that slammed me x the interstate to hit a car head on that was doing 60...
(guy that hit me- fled from scene-turned himself in w/his lawyer present-got 15 years.......car i ended up hitting- that poor kid died instantly crushed up on his steering wheel....)

for the life of me- i have no idea why anyone would dream up any reason to avoid use of the seatbelts......

·
Registered
204 Posts
wow- as a survivor of a fatal crash .... 90 mph rear ender that slammed me x the interstate to hit a car head on that was doing 60...
(guy that hit me- fled from scene-turned himself in w/his lawyer present-got 15 years.......car i ended up hitting- that poor kid died instantly crushed up on his steering wheel....)

for the life of me- i have no idea why anyone would dream up any reason to avoid use of the seatbelts......
That's a thread killer right there and all the proof anyone should need to wear their seatbelt. Personally I don't like wearing my seatbelt. I had a Mazda 3 previously and the warning noise would last a good 30 seconds to a minute and then go off and I didn't think about wearing my seatbelt anymore. On this car it will keep going off and to appease the seatbelt gods I end up putting the damn thing on. In the end I know I did the right thing and it may just save my life someday... nuff said

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
So anyone ever figure this one out?

I like the junkyard idea, but would rather just disable the damn thing

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
just wrap the seat belt around the back and buckle it in, know a girl with a corolla and thats what she does... but seriously suck it up and just wear the damn thing, after a while you never notice it.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Anyone notice that all of the posters prior to today had only like 3 posts and were never heard from again?

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Every car I have owed previously had a way to disable. I bet the Gov't made some new law that makes disabling options illegal

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Anyone notice that all of the posters prior to today had only like 3 posts and were never heard from again?
Oh shit! i hope they didn't.....

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Kentucky poster and the Florida poster have both logged in this year. IJS.... ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used to not wear my seatbelt when I wasn't in the front seat. Then my dad's van got t-boned twice(!) on a highway off-ramp and rolled down a small hill. Since I didn't have my belt on, I was thrown out of my seat. I ended up going head-first through a side window and into the ground beyond, slicing my head to ribbons, and fracturing a vertebra. They said if the fracture had been a half-inch to the left, I'd be paralyzed. As it is, I had to wear a neck brace for over 2 months.

Wear the damn seatbelt. No one's a good enough driver to avoid all the other idiots on the road, and when one of them does finally hit you, the belt might just save your life.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
easiest way to disable it is to go on ebay and look for an old seat belt, or a seat belt buckle. cut the belt, and just use the buckle.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I used to not wear my seatbelt when I wasn't in the front seat. Then my dad's van got t-boned twice(!) on a highway off-ramp and rolled down a small hill. Since I didn't have my belt on, I was thrown out of my seat. I ended up going head-first through a side window and into the ground beyond, slicing my head to ribbons, and fracturing a vertebra. They said if the fracture had been a half-inch to the left, I'd be paralyzed. As it is, I had to wear a neck brace for over 2 months.

Wear the damn seatbelt. No one's a good enough driver to avoid all the other idiots on the road, and when one of them does finally hit you, the belt might just save your life.
I could cite many stories of survivors that wore their belts only to sit in a chair sipping food through straws the rest of their lives......but I digress

this coming from a guy who as a kid road on the front seat armrest between mom and dad while dad slurped down a few Strohs Beers which he kept in a cooler behind his seat.

Somehow I have survived thus far

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I could cite many stories of survivors that wore their belts only to sit in a chair sipping food through straws the rest of their lives......but I digress

No please do. I'd love to hear them.

With SRS systems (Airbags, seat belts) there are a lot more safety features. Maybe in a car 10-15 years ago you'd have a valid point. However, chances are if you are severely disabled in an accident to a vegetative state by a seat belt, had you not been wearing one you'd be dead. So weigh your options there. Sure being a veggie would suck and I'd rather be dead, but had the accident been just a fraction less severe you'd still be dead with no seat belt vs living by wearing one. With the way seat belts work now you don't see as many spine compression injuries.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Well I guess their seatbelts have been disabled and not wearing them..........

Seatbelts are a very good invention to save lives.......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts