Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else has this problem. I don't think I take my seatbelt off crazy fast or anything, but it's making these little marks on my door panel. And they're not coming off. Anyone else have this?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Who else has this problem. I don't think I take my seatbelt off crazy fast or anything, but it's making these little marks on my door panel. And they're not coming off. Anyone else have this?
I ease mine to the panel just so that it doesn't hit the panel, at all, it's bad enough the passenger seatbelt will sometimes smack the panel when the passenger window is open.. Have you tried an armorall wipe on the panel?

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the same problem, and my baby is a rental. I don't want to be stuck paying at the end for scratched door panel, even if it's from "normal use".

That seatbelt holder seems like a good solution. Anyone uses it? does it help?

Also, we need to know how to remove these scratches. I had a previous car in which my dog went crazy and scrathed the inside door panel. They were not big scratches. Armorall did a small miracles, but did not make them disappear. Any other solutions?

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Same problem here......... I just don't let go the belt! My girlfreind Accent has the same issue!! Cheap plastic from Kia/Hyundai. :(

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have the BMW seat belt holders and it definitely helps the problem, but it still happens occasionally. I got them purely for convenience sake.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I'm looking into a few possible solutions. I'll keep you all posted as I do not want to give away any trade secrets just yet, incase I manufacture something. ;)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
You could get the door panels cloth covered as a different solution. Still recommend the seat belt holders for convenience.

·
Registered
78 Posts
nice car!

does the angle of the belt change when you use the holder? I'd be afraid that in a crash, the seatbelt would not work as designed (because the holders are not designed for the Forte) and that could be a serious issue.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
The holders are designed to unclip under a little force. When they go hard taught like in an accident they will pop off the clip if they are not already straight. Mine are nearly straight when clipped on in my car with my seat setting.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Same problem here......... I just don't let go the belt! My girlfreind Accent has the same issue!! Cheap plastic from Kia/Hyundai. :(
Not only Kia/Hyundai. My dad owns a Suzuki Grand Vitara that cost him lots more than my Kia and he also has these panel markings. Maybe it's cheap plastic all over Asia :D

Oh, and GomerPyle, I think we got the same car color! Nice, I love how the Koup looks in Spicy Red! Best color, I believe :p

·
Registered
78 Posts
The holders are designed to unclip under a little force. When they go hard taught like in an accident they will pop off the clip if they are not already straight. Mine are nearly straight when clipped on in my car with my seat setting.
Thanks for the info! I think I'll head over to the eBay and get me a pair. Cheers!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts